cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report deployed to new server does not display static image

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have several web sites on a server running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, SP1, 64-bit.  It has installed .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and Extended, ver. 4.0.30319 (according to Control Panel->Programs, as well as c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework).  Two of the sites use many Crystal Reports, most of which include a static image as a logo. This image is embedded in each report; there is no stand-alone image file that gets deployed.

Recently, we migrated to a new server, running the same version of Windows & .NET Framework.  As near as we can tell, the 2 servers are nearly identical, as far as configuration and permissions, etc. One notable exception is the DefaultAppPool, which is Classic on the original server and Integrated on the new. (When I changed the new server to Classic, the apps failed to run properly.)  The other exception is the old server is on a stand-alone box, while the new server is a virtual machine.

For one of the apps on the new server, the embedded logo images are not displaying on the page.  Instead, there is a little red X with the word "Image".  For the other app on the new server, the reports display fine.  Furthermore, if I copy one of the "broken" rpt files from the "broken" app to the "good" app, the report displays correctly!  And of course, the same file displays correctly in all circumstances on the old server.

This suggests to me that there is not a problem with the report file, per se', but rather with the environment to which it is deployed.  Permissions?  If so, where?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

--d

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The search string 'crystal red x net' (search box in top right corner) should return a number of KBAs, docs, blogs, etc. See if any of those help.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ludek.  One of the postings gave me the hint I needed.  It turns out that the following lines in my web.config were commented out:

<handlers>

<add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler,

CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="integratedMode" />

</handlers>

The interesting thing is that these lines are commented out on the original server, yet the app still works fine.

Thanks anyways.

--d

Answers (0)