cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to output company name in wwi template ( GR label )

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

It is easy to output company name  through specification . While using Gr label , there is no any place holder defined by standard sap . Do I need to create new report symbol to output company ?

Regards,

P S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear S P

in 95% of the cases companies use company specific solution for this. In most cases parameter etc. symbols as available by SAP standard to retrieve dava e.g. from sales org is not sufficient.

Your explanation is not 100% correct:

It is easy to output company name  through specification => for MSDS/SDS in most cases standard option are used

Labels: you could use in someGLM context same option; but for other labels (and address data to print) in most cases customer specific solutions are needed => that means on report symbols are used

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris ,

Even in SDS .I see parameter symbol has been used to output company address . It seems it is pulling data from sales org address . There is a placeholder to put company address in Property tree (Inside IUCLID Properties folder ) .Just curious why we do not have OECD in first folder ( General ) .My requirement is to have code in  WWI to pull information from property tree and not through SD(parameter symbol ) .How can I achieve this and why SAP has designed in such a way to pull info from sales org .If I change the logic to pull from specifications , will it support report shipping functionality ? Also I was not able  to find what OECD stands for .Hope you can clarify me on this .

-Krishan

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dera Krishna

as you might not know EHS history: "in context of: here is a placeholder to put company address in Property tree (Inside IUCLID Properties folder ) "

this is used for the "special" purpose of "IUCLID" data exchange ("only"). From my point of view: no good option in the context of SDS/Label etc.

The same for: "just curious why we do not have OECD in first folder ( General ) ." Because of "historic" needs this value assignment was prepared in SAP EHS. Honestly. No idea if it is reallyused in our days...

In context of:

my requirement is to have code in  WWI to pull information from property tree and not through SD(parameter symbol )

If you really would like to use this option;: then use select on "property" to store the data. But you will loose for SDS distribution and label purposes any "link" to the real business process

For: "why SAP has designed in such a way to pull info from sales org ." => this was done because chemcical companies asked for that. The legal pain point is  the "regulations" and the "wording" therein. I will not expalin the details (this can be a big book to read)

For:

".If I change the logic to pull from specifications , will it support report shipping functionality ?"

The answer depends on your point ov virew: if  you use a report symbol via proeprty tree then the data is still part of the "raw report". and you have no option any more to change that in "final report". And you will have lot of effrots in designing the SDS disribution topic (e.g. topci of cover sheet etc.)

For "Also I was not able  to find what OECD stands for .Hope you can clarify me on this ."

Check: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_for_Economic_Co-operation_and_Development

C.B.

PS: Short story. the use of a parameter symbol is the Best Practise for >90% of the companies (i would assume

PPS: if you sue CG02 and "click" on property name and then use F1 you will get a "help" about the need and use of the property. This is quite helpful sometimes

Answers (0)