cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup box upon rejection is not coming in NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

All dear Gurus,

We have designed a custom Workflow for Travel. When manager rejects the rejects a popup will appear to justify the reason for rejection. When we do this via NWBC, the popup is not coming when we reject. it simply got rejected without justification. How can we solve it..?

Any have idea on this..?

Regards,

Namsheed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

How is the popup designed in the workflow? Can you confirm if it is based on the settings available in the new SAP releases. We have an option to configure the Rejection / Approval reasons in the decison task itself when we specify the decision outcomes:

If it is designed as above, you can try note: 1137323 (if applicable to your release).

If the note does not helps and you have used the above way, it would be good to raise an OSS support ticket for this.

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Modak Gupta,

Thanks for your reply.

We are in latest release EHP 7.

We have done the same way as you mentioned. Reject as Mandatory in Workflow.

But the text box is not appearing in NWBC.

But it is working in R/3.

What should I do to bring it in NWBC..??

Regards,

Namsheed.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed

The ECC functionality for mandatory popup was added as per note 1643764. The functionality can be added only using the right SP level....which is there in your system.

SAP also came out with note to fix similar issue with Extended Notifications, where users were not given this mandatory note popup - see note 1964571

However, I could not find any for a fix for NWBC. So, I would again recommend that you raise an OSS message for this for SAP support giving them complete details and the SP level of your system.

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Modak Gupta,

Ok. I will raise a OSS note. The problem is we are using custom workflow for making it 2 level of approval.

So I fear will they reply its consulting issue or out of SAP Support..?

How should I write to them..

Regards,

Namsheed.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed

I am not sure what they will reply because the part which you are using in the custom workflow ( the mandatory note option) is standard.

Best is to create a custom WF with one step - decision step. Use the standard task for decision and see if you can create an example for them.

Even if they say that some config is  missing in NWBC, we may get some idea on how to proceed further.

regards,
modak

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Also post your query in the form:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Modak gupta,

I have raised a OSS ticket. I will update what they reply. will wait and see

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

my first suggestion would be to check if the pop up comes in SBWP or not.

I faced a similar situation in sap portal for travel where after clicking on reject button , a separate workitem used to come in inbox asking for reason .

In r3 it worked like a popup .

Regards

Vaibhav Juneja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vaibhav,

In R/3, the popup is coming perfectly...!

I will show you all the screenshots in R/3 as well as NWBC.

In R/3, when suprvisor/manager receives a workitem(Travel request send by the employee)...through SBWP he can perform the following :

When Supervisor Click on Reject, He will get a popup to justify the reason for rejection.

So in R/3, it is fine...Now in NWBC, When supervisor tries to reject, it is getting rejected without the justification popup.

When we select Reject & click on OK, this popup is disappearing. I refreshed many times but no way to give the reason for rejection.

You said you have also faced this issue before & resolved.

Can you let me know what changes you have  done to solve it..?

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I faced this issue in case of SAP portal not nwbc where in it comes as a separate workitem.

Refer : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/7a/df014b037141ca9afc6433ed42b519/content.htm

regards

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vaibhav,

Thanks a lot first of all

The first link (help.sap.com) cannot be found. Can you give the complete link.

And retrieving the text entered will comes only after we able to enter the text...! If you remember any logic what you have done earlier, kindly share it.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can tell you for portal ,No clue for NWBC.

I am not able to check that with my portal guy right now. But managed to find that it is possible via changes in UWL .I think you haven't made any changes in UWL.

Refer this link :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a002d1eb-33f0-2b10-f391-e1e0c3057...

and also refer this :

It shows some changes in UWL where u have to make

<Property name="UserDecisionNote" value="mandatory" />

Regards

Vaibhav Juneja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav Juneja,

Thank you so much for checking my issue & spending time for that.

Unfortunately in my case, we are not using UWL. Instead we are using POWL application with workitem.

So what can I do to solve it.?

Regards,

Namsheed

igor_vernelen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Namsheed,

We're looking into migrating workflow inbox from UWL to POWL and are facing the same issue. Decision note (or Justification as called in Workflow builder) cannot be entered. Did you happen to raise an OSS-message for this ? Any response from SAP ?

Kind Regards,

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Igor,

I have created a OSS note for the same. But SAP replied like this feature is not there in powl, it is only possible in UWL with EP. They will develop that if they got request from other customers also.

Regards,

Namsheed

igor_vernelen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK, I suppose we'll create a ticket too if the business really wants this functionality. Did you try to add the decision note by enhancing the SAP-standard ?

I had a quick look and the actual workflow class/method to update the task with the decision info contains a variable for a note, but to pass it from the Webdynpro component view to this method requires changing/enhancing in several places

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Better you also create a OSS ticket to SAP. If you want I will share my ticket number as well

And in workflow we haven't try to enhance the standard SAP decision note, but as an work around do you know what we have done.?

We created a Z role of SAP_BC_BMT_WFM_NWBC_END_USER and assigned to managers.

This is role for SBWP inbox. Here the travel request will apprear. If we check the decision note for reason for rejection, we will get a pop-up to enter the reason for rejection.

And the workflow consultant did some coding to send this reason for rejection to employee automatically.

This is not at all a good solution. but as we don't have any other option we have did like this.

Please update here the reply SAP going to give .

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Igor,

Happy new year.

Did you got any solution or any positive reply from SAP...??

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Namsheed,

your post is some month old, but i am facing exactly the same issue. Any news about that ? Have you found a solution ?

br Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matin,

Please raise a ticket to SAP for this. What SAP has replied to me is that "no customer has raised such a requirement and if more customers are requesting for the same, they will release some developments/notes or something. But nothing has happened as of now.

And how we have solved the customers requirement is through some different way. It is not a right method and i don't recommend it. But if you have no option, you can go for it.

First you need the help of a workflow consultant.

Then assign copy of this role to the manager  : SAP_BC_BMT_WFM_NWBC_END_USER

The description of this role which you see in NWBC, you can change it to some Travel approval with rejection or something like that.

In the workflow make the rejection reason is mandatory. Then open NWBC and open this Workitem inbox instead of normal workitem where you go to approve/reject.

Here when you try to reject, you will get a pop up to write the reason. Now the problem, how you will send this reason to the employee.

Here comes the role of workflow consultant. He needs to write some code and the reason for rejection will send to the employee finally.

We have done like this even though this is not a correct approach.

Raise a SAP ticket now itself with very high priority and update me what they are replying @  namsheedks@gmail.com.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Namsheed.