cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we import multiple SAP Jobs at a time to Redwood?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am scheduling jobs from CPS 8. I need to import all the SAP jobs from the back-end to Redwood.

Is it possible to run the import job for multiple SAP jobs at one go ?

Please suggest.

Best Regards

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can import all the SAP jobs in one go, by providing the wild card character '*' for the SAP Job Name field, when you submit SAP_ImportCCMSJobs.

Note: This just imports the job definitions from SAP, the jobs still have to be scheduled manually.

Thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Do we have any option to chose 10 job names and import ? Without using any wildcard ?

Only suppose 10 selected Jobs at one go  ? That will be helpful as I am getting a request of bunch of jobs from client to import.

Best Regards

Madhu

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

> Do we have any option to chose 10 job names and import ?

No, however, you certainly have a naming convention at your company, so you should be able to say, for example, Fina_GL*, then you can also specify a date - with these two you should be able to import in small batches.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried importing multiple jobs (3 jobs ) at a time in test system, it worked. But for the production system, the first job was imported with status complete. The second and third got into error.

Please find the error as below:

Could not create job definition MMO_FI_VOMS_T_VOMSABST_UPDATE_02 for SAP job MMO_FI_VOMS_T_VOMSABST_UPDATE_02/05100302

com.redwood.scheduler.api.exception.SchedulerAPIPersistenceException: JCS-102200: ABAP program ZFDCGU40 on SAP system Z42_78 already exists

com.redwood.scheduler.model.exception.UniqueConstraintViolatedException: JCS-102200: ABAP program ZFDCGU40 on SAP system Z42_78 already exists

com.sap.sql.exception.OpenSQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (SAPSR3DB.JCS_SAPABAPPRG00) violated

at the time of import, Overwrite option was value "yes".

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor

Hi Madhu,

There is a miscommunication here.

Your initial question and even in this question you are referring to importing jobs, but the error you are getting is for importing ABAP programs.

Which job are you submitting to import the jobs?

for jobs - SAP_ImportCCMSJobs

for importing ABAP programs into CPS - SAP_ImportABAPPrograms

ImportCCMSjobs will download the jobs with the steps - those which you defined in SM36.

Import ABAP programs will download the ABAP programs from SAP, that you will find in SE38.

thanks

Nanda