cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Report with Subreport and linked fields. Subreport does not display all data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had this problem several times but I can usually correct it by deleting the subreport and re-creating it. Problem is that only some of the fields show on the subreport. In this case it's only the linked fields that are showing. And by showing I mean that when I run the report from within Visual Basic 2008, sending a dataset to the main report and subreport, the fields on the subreport don't print or show in the report viewer. Also, the all fields do show up in the report designer's preview. I'm using the exact SQL statements that I used when building the report and subreport.

I know this is difficult to understand but I need help with this asap. It's severely holding up the project that I'm working on. ANY ideas would be tremendously appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if this wiki will help:

Troubleshooting Issues with VS .NET Datasets and Crystal Reports - Business Intelligence

(BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

The search string 'crystal dataset net' (and variations there off) will also return a number of KBAs, docs, etc. Search box is in top right corner.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I looked at the links you provided but didn't see anything that really helped me out. I still cannot figure out why this is happening. I ended up copying a previous report that I built that had a subreport that I knew worked correctly. I changed the SQL statements in the report exactly as they were in the report that would not work. Rebuilt the copied report and subreport as needed. I rebuilt the subreport links just as I did with the report that would not work. The copied report works just as it should. So, I know it's not a data issue. It has to be something that went wrong with inserting the subreport or something. Maybe a bug with Crystal Reports. I have no idea. But, I am good for now. Thanks and if you come across some more information on this, I'd love to hear about it. This problem happens from time to time so I'd like to know why and how to correct it without rebuilding the report each time.

Thank you very much!

Answers (0)