cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing Expense Detail for BPC Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have recommendations on how to capture expense detail when creating an Outlook or plan in BPC.  For example, if a Cost Center owner wants to capture the detail behind her "Promotions" or "Events" expense by month, what are the some options.  I thought about Comments, but would like to plan expense by "event" by month...and not put a comment in each month.  I know the requirements are high level, but would like to be aware of some options before finalizing the design.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

What do you mean by "event"?  Member of some dimension?

Normally you have to use comments. In some cases it's possible to use journals but it's not very convenient.

B.R. Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

By "event" I mean specific function or event for which I plan to spend money....like 2014 Saphire; or ASUG Meeting, or Elite Vegas Trip.   This Event detail is helpful so I can remember why I had $15K in November of 2015....for example.

Thank you!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create some number of dummy events (members in some dimension) and then use comments to name figures. You have to understand that BPC is not a transactional system.

Journals can be used but you can't show figures split by event in reports.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the input...that may be the only option.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternative is to create new member for each new event. There are some methods to create members from excel sheet, but... Issues with maintenance!