cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing powerbuilder on a remote server for two developers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently, our company was purchased by another company.  Soon, we will have to move our PB 12.5 instance to a remote server.  Two developers will need development access to our 12.5 product code.  Each developer will have a unique SSO login to the remote server. They will be accessing the remote PB instance using RDP through the company VPN.  Generally, they do not need access to PB at the same time.  What's the best way to install PB in this situation?  

Thank you,

Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

Best configuration would be to:

- ensure to have purchased 2 PowerBuilder licenses (even though the 2 developpers are not using PB at the same time

- install SySAM and PB on same remote server (SySAM is required for RDP)

- generate a SERVED license file for 2 users which will be installed into SySAM

Hope this helps

Jacob

P.S: best place to post tech questions is through the PB developer center SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jacob, I thought my post was in the PB developer center.  Please give a link to the PB SCN.  Thanks.

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Here is the link: http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/powerbuilder/

Was my answer not helpful ?

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Yes, your answer gave us the courage to install PB and Sysam on the same server. 

However, when PB starts, it reports being in a State of Grace, which will end in a month.  For some reason, no matter how we download the PB licenses, PB will not recognize a served license.  Sysam reports no problem with the licenses.  So, the licenses should be served and ready for PB to consume,  However, PB is does not find them appetizing.  Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you,

Doug

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

SySAM often offers technical challenges 

I'm attachin a wiki page outlining issues between PB and SySAM

Consolidated List on Sysam for PowerBuilder and InfoMaker - SAP PowerBuilder - SCN Wiki

Hope this will help you solve your problem.

P.S:

a) I'd suggest to first check if the PB served license is correctly read by SySAM using lmtools.exe (there is a Perform Status Inquiry button on one tab page when you run the tool)

b) In addition, you can enable SySAM logging by entering logSySAM=2 in the pb.ini file at the [PB] section

c) Check also if ipv6 is not the root cause

HTH

Jacob