Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launchpad - ESS MENU - Descriptions not transporting to Quality client

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have made some changes to the Launchpad role ESS, instance MENU.  Our customization included some changes to the Link Text and Descriptions.  I was able to translate the Link texts using APB_LPD_SHOW_TEXT_KEYS and transport them, however I am unable to get the Description (Customer Long Text) texts to transport.  I'm not sure what step(s) I'm missing so could someone provide me with details on how to get this done?

Dev client

Quality client after translation and transport.

I've even attempted to force them into a transport using Program ID = LANG, Object type = DOCT, DOCV, using the keys seen in report APB_LPD_SHOW_TEXT_KEYS.

Regards,

Garrett Meredith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer below  threads all :- 

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

I've already reviewed and followed those steps in the posts you listed before posting mine.  All the SAP notes were already applied into our system.  Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Garrett

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think ur using standard launchpad ...but not Z which is customized ...can u check all the TR's are properly moved to QAS  again like Workbench request and customized requests ..

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap/floorplan-manager/blog/2012/10/04/team-fpm--all-about-t... Raw documents can never be transported. So activate the document *** with document-class General text (TX) in language English in the transaction SE61 and after that its varint in the transaction SE63. After that please repeat the transport. For more information about SE61-objects please read the note 954128 section 'Status der Dokumentation:'. Note 1961299 also has a report which can be used to display. APB_LPD_SH_TEXTS The link texts are stored in table APB_LPD_SH_TEXTS. The text id used or this launchpad is LEHI0000016. Those long texts are stored in table DOKTL.the document class is 'TX'. Run report APB_LPD_SHOW_TEXT_KEYS for ESS/MENU and get the text keys 1786881 Note ? R3TR LPDC?

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I'm a bit fuzzy on what your suggesting I do since I am unfamiliar with those transactions.  I will cover it with our development team to see if it makes sense to them on what steps to do before I confirm.

Just as reference, I can see the text in the DOKTL in our Dev environment.  If I pull up report APB_LPD_SHOW_TEXT_KEYS for ESS MENU I can see the Texts Keys and Text.

In our Q client, if I pull up the report, for ESS MENU, the Text keys are there, but the Text is not.  Were the Text Key already there or did my transport put them there?

When you mention "activate the document *** in English in SE61"  What do I put into the Name field?  The Text key only gives me an error.

Kind Regards,

Garrett

KK07
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garrett,

The below link might be useful..

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

correct, you don't see them cause it didn't transport! You need to check what is the property of these texts, it shouldn't be RAW that's what I meant. Can you try again transporting it? and first ensure all notes are implemented. the launchpad does not work with general texts, but with dialog texts (DT). The texts mention above should already exist as dialog text, but somehow they were stored in raw version. As LPD_CUST always stores status 'active' the texts may have processed manually. Please activate the dialog texts in SE61.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

The workbench request was not transporting but the customizing was transporting.  I man handled the workbench request again and the text began to show up.  I don't understand why the transport function in the Launchpad wasn't picking up the workbench request, however that's was the problem.

Garrett