cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Trace not functioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing an issue in accessing RFC Trace in Nakisa STVN admin console for Employees. I click on RFC Trace (in production) and nothing happens. all other nodes function normally.

Kindly help!

Cheers..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. Has NetWeaver been configured for relative URLs?
  2. Is this an otherwise functioning production system that you are wishing to run a trace on?  i.e. connected up to SAP, end user interface can be used normally, and not newly deployed.
  3. Is this working for you with the same set-up on a non-production system?
  4. Are there any errors appearing in the cds.log when you try and access the RFC trace function?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen, Sorry for the delayed response.

Its an existing system and this (RFC Trace) functionality is working in the non-production system. CDS log does not throw any errors.

Thanks!

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I have had instances with similar issues before - I was hoping you wouldn't have quite the same.

For example yesterday I was working on a client where I could access the disabled listings in OrgChart AdminConsole, but not the enabled ones.  In that case I could amend the XML to meet the requirements, but obviously the RFC trace is a bit more of an issue.  I've certainly also seen this occur for the log manager as well which is frustrating when you want to roll the log.

I think you have a few options available for consideration:

1. Restart the application in NetWeaver and see if that makes any difference.
  2. Report the issue via OSS and see if you can be offered any solution.
  3. Last but not least a heavy-weight approach - backup your configuration, undeploy and redeploy the product then reimport your configuration.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you manage to try any of these options?  If so did any of them not work/work?

Regards,

Stephen.