cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP Errors in Process Chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing an issue where in process chain a DTP which takes around 50 minutes to complete almost daily fails at the last data package . Even after repeat/repair on it in process chain , it fails 2-3 times and that leads to a great delay in end time of process chain .

Till now I used to Right click on the DTP and use repair/repeat and it reloads the whole data .

If I right click on the Process chain where the DTP is located and then use the repair option , will it process that failed DATA PACKAGE only which has like 27000 records or something and turn the request green ?

I just want to save this time and please clear the doubt .

Regards,

Max

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

You should search more on the error message you are receiving; this will prevent the DTP from failing over and over again...

Doing a repair will run the DTP and all the processes below it and if there are no error message, then the PC will turn green. Make sure you verify that the process chain you are correcting is not a sub chain; i mean it is not part of a meta chain...

Now if you want to do some performance tuning to your process chain, may I suggest you take a look at this blog:

Regards,

Ashvin

Message was edited by: Nanreshsing Sungkur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanreshsing,

Thanks, your blog is very informative.

Regards,

Max

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi max,

upgrade with latest patch in sap gui. because same thing is happing with me .for latest patch information  go to this link    http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Current+BI+ADDON+for+SAP+GUI+730

Regards,

Nishant

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without know the error why you are doing the repeat or repair?

First look for error message and then take action accordingly.

What type of dtp is this?  loading to cube or dso?

can you share first error message from your dtp logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's actually a database error and it randomly comes up . I have read somewhere that through DTP it is possible to manually process a data package.

I want to know that if I manually process a data package and request goes green , WILL it automatically continues the process chain ? How can achieve this that if I am doing something directly through RSA1 it should be reflected back in the process chain ?

I will give you the exact log soon .

Regards,

Max

Update : Here is the error screenshot :

KulDeepJain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

It will be same as what you are doing, means it will do repair/repeat only.

Thanks,

KDJ