Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLICENSE - Removal of Old Licenses

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I recently had an issue with an expired license in our SAP Claims Management System, even though Solution Manager was downloading what appeared to be a valid license, it wouldn't load.  Upon investigation and consultation with SAP it turns out that the license being downloaded was for a different hardware key, changed back in 2011.  Anyways to cut a long story short SAP had to clean up the licenses at their end and I was told to remove all OLD and new licenses and install the correct ones, including ones for a failover hardware key.

After this all was well, but I now have another issue that has cropped up since.  The backups don't complete successfully, and instead have warnings :-

BR1301W Error message from likeywlib:

===...could not load SSF library libsapsecu.so .

BR1301W Error message from likeywlib: likey_init: Couldn't load SAPSECULIB ("libsapsecu.so") using function SsfSupInit (), rc = 10.

BR1302W Initialization of license key library likeywlib failed, return code 1

BR1304W Checking SAP license failed at location BrLicCheck-108

BR0602W No valid SAP license found - please contact SAP

This has occurred since removing the old licenses, and I tested this on another system by removing the old licenses from their also.  Sure enough I am now getting the same warning messages from BRTOOLS.

We are running version BRTOOLS 720 pl 37.  I have noticed there is pl 38 available released in July 2014 but no mention of a fix for this problem in the release notes.

The library exists and the environment variables are set correctly.  I have already checked this and prior to me removing the Old Licenses this warning never occurred.  Seems to me like BRTOOLS is looking

Anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Any news?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

It is so rare, anyway you can try this:

First install temporary license and remove the new installed licenses. After this, restart the system, and now reinstall the new licenses, ensuring that this licenses are valid for your specific system (hadware key, install number...)

I hope this can be help you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have you checked the ssf parameters in Instance profile ?

and please also try updating DBATools in system for 720.

All the best.

Regards

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

When you run saplicense -show under unix if it comes with message saying no entries found.

then follow these thing

The "commandline" saplicense won´t show anything because it´s can´t deal with signed license keys (the "new" license keys with the long numbers).

Do you start the backup as /SYS/exe/run

Regards

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks All

But as I have said, the only thing that has changed is the removal of the Old Licenses nothing else.

Backup is started by HP Data Protector and below is the command issued in the logs.

/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/ctrun/brbackup

None of the notes mentioned are relevant in the instance.

Thanks

Craig

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Please refer to below SAP notes

Note 912969 - BR*Tools 7.00 fails due to license problems

Note 1926471 - Could not load SSF library libsapsecu.so

Note 1010966 - License key 7.10: SAPSECULIB, SAPCRYPTOLIB, sapsecin

Hope this helps.

Regards,