cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mHTML Reporting - no longer running successfully

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning all,

We’re currently having problems with our scheduled Business Objects reports that run using a mHTML format. We have three mHTML reports and they have been running successfully for almost a year now, but since the end of last week they have failed everyday and we're really struggling to work out why.

Since Friday morning each report's scheduled recurring instance has failed and we're having difficulties trying to use the log file to identify what the error/problem could be. 

When trying to manually re-run the recurring instance again the reports continue to fail, however we have had a small number run successfully; yet these successful instances haven't been run any differently to those that have failed.

We believe that the problem is localised to where the mHTML reports run as the rest of our scheduled Business Objects reports are running as normal.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on what the problem could be and more importantly how it can be resolved? This morning I have re-set up the reports and publications and when testing these most instances have failed instantly, but again we have had a very small number of successes.

Many thanks for your help

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your replies.

The report failed a further two times this morning, but was successful on the third attempt.

The first two failures didn't actually produce any form of error report. When trying to try the log file Infoview returns the following message:

"No log file could be located for this instance"

With the failures it appears that the running of the report failed instantly and I have no idea why. I've included below details of runtimes:

Creation Time:  27/08/2014 06:53 
Expiry:  27/08/2024 06:53 
Start Time:  27/08/2014 06:53 
End Time:  27/08/2014 06:53 
Error Message:  [0 recipients processed.] 
Log File:

View Log File

I've managed to find the following error message from a previous failure at the start of the week:

Object failed to run due to an error while processing on the Job Server. [0 recipients processed.]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Provide your environment details and what kind of reports (webi/crystal) etc. And also look in logging folder and check for any error messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be great, if you share the BO Version and SP details. I have faced simillar issue with BI 4.0 SP5 and it has been fixed in the future SP. As Jawahar mentioned, please share error message as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What was the error when they failed? That will help in answer your question.