cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications on SAP Content Server 6.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to install SAP Content Server 6.5 and integrate it to SAP CRM for storing attachments from tickets.

1. Is the integration to SAP CRM scenario supported by SAP Content Server?

2. I understood that SAP Content Server uses HTTP interface to communicate with the SAP Applications (like R/3, KPro, etc) and with SAPDB. Is there a way to configure HTTPS instead of using HTTP Interface? Are the security features of HTTP interface same or similar to HTTPS?

3. Is the use of a cache server mandatory to have a functional SAP content server, or it the cache server an optional component meant to only improve performance?

Thanks.

Reena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

1. Is the integration to SAP CRM scenario supported by SAP Content Server?

Ans is YES. Refer link below

Content Servers - CRM Content Management - SAP Library

2. I understood that SAP Content Server uses HTTP interface to communicate with the SAP Applications (like R/3, KPro, etc) and with SAPDB. Is there a way to configure HTTPS instead of using HTTP Interface? Are the security features of HTTP interface same or similar to HTTPS?

As per my understanding there is no https protocol available for content server. Do not worry about security as Data is securely stored in database.

3. Is the use of a cache server mandatory to have a functional SAP content server, or it the cache server an optional component meant to only improve performance?

Cache servers are installed to improve the performance. You may exclude this if not necessary.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Deepak.

Just to add, regarding the the HTTP Interface I found the following information from SAP help pages which also clarified a bit more on HTTPS configuration:

"HTTPS encoding is usually implemented between the client and the server and is not part of the SAP HTTP Content Server interface."

So my understanding is,

• Client (SAP CRM) <-> SAP Content Server : HTTPS can be configured
  • SAP Content Server <-> SAPDB : HTTPS cannot be configured, rather the SAPHTTP Content Server interface should be used.

Regards,

Reena

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

Thanks for sharing this information.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)