cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text module constrained to single page?

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have added a page to the “standard” smart form for purchase order printing. The purpose is to print standard terms and conditions, which are stored in a text module. This should be a piece of cake I thought, but apparently not...

A command to go to the new page has been added at the end of the main window of the standard form.

If I put the text element in a main window on the page they are not printed at all. I would not hesitate to call that a bug, but for all I know Smart Forms are limited to having one window of type Main window in each form.

If I put the text element in a secondary window they are printed partly. There is one page of output, but the terms and conditions need two pages (or possibly more).

I have tried both with a single page for the terms and conditions, and having a YTERMS and YTERMS_CONT.

Any ideas are welcome, and good ideas or tips from people who have solved similar problems are of course extra welcome 🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kjetil,

you should hold it in the MAIN-Window. To solve your problem and to be not limited with secondary windows you should do it in that way.

I just draw it here:

MAIN-Window

...<A lot of code_before>...

Bild in Originalgröße anzeigen

NEW-PAGE Command node

-Table with your prefered layout (If you need two columns or something like that)

--- here you include your text

So you are not limited in the pages and you are able to build the layout you need.

(Only limited in the width, because your MAINWindow must same width overall)

OR

you create different textes and do it with secondary windows, but here you have to figure out how much fits in what window and that might be end in a messy work if you use different device types.

Let me know, if something is not that clear and I will try to explain it more / offer an example-form

~Florian

PS: The picture should just explain the bracket better

Answers (0)