cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFM Documents are not visible in ESS Thumbnail view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have EFM archiving functionality configured in backend. Also these documents can be seen from ESS.

We can see the documents in ESS in list view, whereas in Thumbnail view these are not visible. Also the thumbnail view is working in backend when we check document using J6NY.

After digging it down in system, I could understand, it uses Web dynpro application "/IXOS/DCVIEW" to display these documents. I have checked the SICF services and these are active.

Looks like when we access the application from portal(ESS/MSS), system tries to build hyperlink for thumbnaill documents in FM /IXOS/DC_K_GET_HYPERLINK, here this fails and an error message is raised. It points towards table   /ixos/dc_ntl_wd &   /ixos/dc_tcnthl.  I tried to maintain configuration in this, but it does not work properly. May be it was not correctly maintained.

Any idea how does this work and what further check do I need to do to resolve this?

Regards

Vaishali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to view the thumbnails view DocuLink webdynpro?

Try execute the Doculink webdynpro, to enable or disable the thumbsnail view in webdynpro add the following parameter in the url

&sap-config-mode=X& after project and view parameters.

Once doculink is opened in webdynpro, on the top right corner you will get view button. With this button you can enable or disable the thumsnail view.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Thank you for the response!!  I can see the thumbnail view on portal. But the issue is I cannot view the EFM documents in thumbnail view.

For eg. There are 3 documents name "Document 1", "Document 2" & "Document 3" in a folder. I can see the thumbnail view and 3 document titles "Document 1" "Document 2" "Document 3" with frames. But the contents of these are not visible in the Frame.

Regards

Vaishali

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which browser you are using to open the portal? If you  using IE, try to open the portal in Firefox browser and see? May be some update to IE browser causing that issue.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Thank you for the response!!

We tried changing the browser and still unable to view the document in thumbnail view.

Regards

Vaishali