cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot creation related to multiple GRs

0 Kudos

Hi all

I have the following scenario:

We are doing multiple GRs for the same material/batch/PO combination and want these to update the same inspection lot as QI stock. However once we have done a positive UD for this inspection lot if we get another receipts for this combination we want to create a new inspection lot.

From using the indicators on the material master, I can't get this to happen as all the subsequent GRs once the UD is carried out post to unrestricted stock as I guess SAP thinks that the inspection is finished for this combination.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Alistair

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo,

I do have a different observation.

When a GR is done against a combo of PO/Mat/Batch, one inspection lot is generated. Let say inspection lot (or GR) quantity is 100 EA. This is posted to UR stock but UD is not done.

Now if another GR is done for the same combo, new inspection lot is generated.

I couldn't understand this behavior and logic applied. This is somewhat similar query and like you guys to please give an explanation.

~Karen~

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please tell me which control inspection lot parameter you have selected in material master.

Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo

It is set to X For each Purchase order item, batch and storage location.

I would like to add here that if UD (as accepted) is given, then no further inspection lot is generated for the same combo.

Whereas, if UD is due and quantity is lying into quality stock, further GR would only add to QI stock against the same inspection lot.

~Karen~

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried using 1 - each material document, material, batch & storage location?

This will create an inspection lot for each receipt.  The downside is that if you have an open inspection lot with QI stock, it will not add a new receipt to the open lot but will create a new one.

In most of the pharma's and chemical firms I've been in, the downside doesn't happen very often in reality.  Besides, if these are two different shipments, received in at different times/days, then their inspections should be done independently of each other.  Otherwise to properly test, you would need to pool samples together and test the composite sample.  Which could be considered invalid since the material could have been subjected to different conditions during storage and transport which might affect its' properties.  I don't know what your particular industry is however.

Craig

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alistair,

For your first querry:

This is standard functionality as when you are doing multiple GRs for same material, batch, vendor and PO combination, only one inspection lot is created and subsequesnt GR quantity is updated in same inspection lot as per your material master setting. Once the UD is accepted and stock is posted to unrestricted stock, any further GRs for same combination is directly posted to unrestricted stock. This is because when a perticular material batch is received with same vendor/PO and if this is accepted during UD then this means whole batch is OK.

Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alistair,

You are right, this is standard functionality in SAP. If its suitable you can select "rejected" valuation for the "Accept" decision code in corresponding selected set.

Otherwise you may have to go for customization.

Amol.

0 Kudos

hi Amol

Thanks for your speedy reply. Is there any downside to this? I can see vendor evaluation would be an issue but we aren't really worried about that as the stock is coming from internal plants.

Thanks again

Alistair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for your first query, yes it is stdn functionality. but any GR and its UD impact on Quality score in Vendor evaluation.

Bcoz UD score against GR is one of the criteria in Vendor evaluation.

Regrads