Did you mean: 

U.S. Year End 2014

cassigiani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

This is our U.S. Year End 2014 Thread.

If you have questions about 2014 Year-End reporting, you can post this on this thread.

We will update this thread with tips and SAP Notes related to the subject.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Cassiana Giani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

cassigiani
Advisor
Advisor

Dear all,

The Year End 2014 Phase I Note has been released today.  You can access it by the following link:

SAP Note 2063247 - Year End 2014 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter

This SAP Note has been released to announce legal changes, source code corrections and enhancements related to Phase I of Year End 2014.

Note that to introduce these enhancements to your system, you need to apply the HR Support Package(s) indicated for your release in the Reference to Support Packages section of this Note, or apply the Country Legal Change (CLC) specified for your release.
Due to the complexity of these enhancements, no manual source code corrections can be specified.

Regards,
Cassiana.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassiana,

As an FYI, your link for the Note is to an internal-only SAP server; SAP customers cannot access that. The Note is available via the regular (external) SAP Notes search tool, or directly at http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2063247.

Regards,

Matt

cassigiani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you for pointing it out.  I copied the incorrect link when creating the post.
As I cannot edit that one anymore, I will create a new one explaining that was incorrect.

Regards,
Cassiana.

cassigiani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the original link to the Note is incorrect.  Please use this one:

SAP Note 2063247 - Year End 2014 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter

Regards,
Cassiana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Has anyone else downloaded and applied the recently released SAP note for Q1 Tax Reporter -  SAP Note 2145341?  We are getting errors when implementing the note (SYST and CUST transports are applied.  The Error in Object Editing is "Transport objects from package PC_TAX to target VIR only".

Thanks!

Best regards,

Anna Stevenson

Agrium Inc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone heard when SAP is going to have fixes to the ongoing issues with Puerto Rico W2 and W2C processing?  We opened a note with them this week and they indicated that there were known issues that were being worked on but did not give an ETA for when they would have these fixes.   We're getting to the point now where we are going to need to manually create W2c documents and files for the Hacienda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cassiana,

We wrongly generated W2 for an employee by reporting state wages and taxes  for new York state. Now we are trying to issue W2C for employee in which need to remove all the state wages and taxes for state of New York  because employee never work in state of New York

We are trying to generate W2C by using Manual entries tool of tax reporter.We have done the following entries in tax form groups 0001 and NYC1

114828 FED

NYC1 Prorated Federal wages (NY, cities ) 12/31/2014 182,407.09- 0.00

114828 NY

0001 Withholding tax 12/31/2014 182,407.09- 10,473.09-

With these entries although system is reverting the tax deducted but not correcting the taxable amount in box 16. Ideally W2C should show the previously reported amount and corrected amount for box 16 for NY but system is not printing nay correction for box 16 for state of New York.

One more thing that I have observed that this employee also has wage type /Q01 for state of NY.. is this causing the issue ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking at applying OSS Note 2119438.  The L7DK272937.zip file contains files K275890.L7D and R275890,L7D.  The numbers in the file names (275890) don't match up with the numbers on the zip folder (272937).  Our Basis team wants to know if that is OK.  Has anyone applied this transport, or know if there could be a problem with the contents of this zip file?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher. We implemented this Note (2119438) without any problem. I noticed the same thing as you. In our case we downloaded L4HK232138 (for 6.04) and inside found files for transport request L4HK236310. However, the transport short text, once imported to DEV, shows "CUST_L4HK232138" and the contained table entries are all correct. You can proceed.

0 Kudos

We are tyring to configure the confirmation numbers for Puerto Rico.  When we go to T5UX9 to input the confirmation number we get an error message  -

The type of information 09 is not allowed. Use view V_T5UX9_CONFNUMBER.

I tried to enter V_T5UX9_CONFNUMBER but when I enter that as a table I get the message

Table/view V_T5UX9_CONFNUMBER is not in the Dictionary

How can I get the confirmation number entered for Puerto Rico?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denise,

Did you try going through SPRO?

Under Tax Reporter > Additional Settings for tax reporter >  Define confirmation number for PR

0 Kudos

Hi Monica - Yes I did try going through SPRO and it wasn't working.  I just found a SAP note that said to use table name  V_T5UX9_CONFNUM and that seems to be working for me.    Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to configure the confirmation numbers for Puerto Rico W-2's.  When we make any changes, the start date and end date on the table entries are set to the same value. The original entries had different start dates/end dates.  Is there a problem with the configuration code?  If not, how should the table entry look for tax year 2014?  We are at SAP V6.00 with HRSP B4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

They did some changes this year. The As of date on the configuration has to exactly match to the date of "consider payroll results up to" of the production run of your PU19. Yes both dates should be the same. The year correspond to the Tax Year in this case 2014.

Hope this helps you.

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our employee's NY01 (New York City) taxable amount is incorrect on her W-2. We are unable to successfully correct or update the employee's W-2 either through YANA in IT0221 or PU19 Manual Entry.  Cluster reflects correct amount but box 18 of the employee's W-2 is incorrect.  Note below is specific to our problem but is not released.

Any suggestions?

2041515: IT0221

adjustment for NY (and/or NY01) is not reflected in W-2/W-2c

cassigiani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

When adjusting the values for NY01 through manual entries, you should create an adjustment for NYC1 tax form group.

Could you please try this?

Additionally, are there any payroll periods where the employee has /Q01 with no /301?

KBA 2041515 does not deliver any correction instruction, but explains that the manual entry for NY01 should be created for NYC1 tax form group.

We plan to deliver it next week.

Regards,

Cassiana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cassiana,

The manual entry worked correctly using tax form group NYC1

Entry made with tax form group was as follows:

TxAu            TxGr

FED            NYC1 Prorated Federal wages (NY, cities ) 12/31/2014 2,552.59

Employee did not have any /Q results.

Thank you for your help,

Ed

alicia_robinson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello -

I'd like to question this manual entry process for the NY01 wages.  We apparently didn't have an issue with this in 2014 or it was so small that my payroll users made the entries and didn't notify me.  However, for the 2015 year we have a large number of employees who had an IT0221 adjustment that impacts NY01 so it has made this issue more visible.  My question on this is - the IT0221 process creates a payroll result which contains a TAX table (this indicates RES of NY01) and we also have the option of creating an tax authority override on the IT0221 itself so why is this not used when processing the W2?  If the W2 still walks the RT results to build the W2 totals and the results are correct from what we have seen (so is the RECON reports), why doesn't the W2 see NY01 as the RES for that result?  We are in the process of having to create approx. 500 manual entries for this specific issue right at crunch time.

Thanks for any inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello HR Experts,

We are trying to submit Puerto Rico W2 to Hacienda, but when creating the magnetic media file HR_F_MMREF_S_PR tax form is not including the details (records RO/RS) of those employees that have zero withholding during the year (wage type /401). The total records (RU/RV) are adding the employees in the file totals, but the employees are not reported.

The w2 paper forms are produced just fine, so I don't think this is a problem with tax form HR_F_W2_PR.  If any one can point me in the right direction of where the problem could be?

Thanks

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Cassiana -

We have downloaded and applied SAP Note 2072308 - Year End 2014 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter to our sandbox per the manual instructions.  However, we received an error when applying the CUST transport to our client 500.

Main import
Transport request   : L4HK230049
System              : SBX
tp path             : tp
Version and release: 380.13.51 721

T5UP6 table class is 'C'. Entries are only imported to client '000'.
T5UP6T table class is 'C'. Entries are only imported to client '000'.
Main import
End date and time : 20141205115421
Ended with return code:  ===> 8 <===
######################################

Please advise as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Anna Stevenson

Agrium Inc

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

You can get past this error by setting the option Ignore non-permitted table class while importing the transport.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Matt -

Thanks for the tip.  At first I was just going to ignore the error, since we do not use the table that was causing the issue.  But then did not want to see the error in other clients since I would have to repeatedly check the transport.  The basis team has successfully applied the transport with this option.

Best regards,

Anna Stevenson

Agrium Inc

cassigiani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear community,

The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico has reviewed the SAP Withholding Statement (Form 499R/W-2PR, Rev. 09.14) Form.

It was confirmed it can be used in substitution of the official model made by the Department of the Treasury.

This approval is valid only for the above mentioned form for taxable year 2014.

Here is the link to the approval letter that was posted in HRUSA -

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100014914432014E

Regards,
Cassiana

cassigiani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

The Year-End 2014 webpage is available on Service Marketplace.

The following content can already be accessed and SAP will continue to update it during the year end period:

- SAP Note 2053757: U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2014 Announcement

- Year End 2014 - Customer Letter
This letter contains important information on the delivery schedule, enhancements, training, communication and support planned for Year End 2014.
Pay special attention to the Minimum Support Package levels required to apply the year-end legal changes.

- Other documents/checklist/guidelines related to Tax Reporter under Year End Reference Materials section (you may need to select “display all documents” to see all)

New SAP Notes relevant for Year End 2014 will be published on this page, and we will update this thread with this information too.

Regards,
Cassiana.

cassigiani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear community,

The 'HCM US Payroll and Tax Reporting Year End Update 2014' ASUG Webcast has a date.

Please block your calendars for the upcoming ASUG webcast -

October 30, 2014 @ 12:30 p.m. ET (9:30 a.m. Pacific Time zone)

Here is the event Page/Registration:
https://www.asug.com/events/detail/HCM-US-Payroll-and-Tax-Reporting-Year-End-Update-2014

Regards,
Cassiana.