cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports and salesforce integration question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question about Crystal Reports connectivity to salesforce.  We are running Crystal Reports version 14.0.4.738 RTM.  When you create a new report and use the Database Expert, you can select www.salesforce.com as the data source.  I would like to know if the built-in connection to salesforce is secure.  Is our data secure in transit from salesforce to Crystal?  Is my password passed in clear text?  That kind of thing...

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Pete,

As any SAP product Crystal Reports is going through users data security check before any new release. It includes any bult-in connection that comes as a part of product installation. Unfortunately I do not have any document for a reference, but your user password is not exposed in CR connectivity.

I think I should mention that prior to Crystal reports 2013 (version 14.1....) we used our own java based driver, but starting from CR 2013 we are outsourcing the driver to a third party and it is ODBC driver. It means the SFDC driver will automatically change if you decide to update your CR 2011.

Hope it helps,

Vitaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly -

Thank you for your response.  That is very helpful.

Is the data exposed in any way during transit, or is it a encrpyted?  Using SSL?  Anything else I can pass to our IT Security Officer?

Thanks!