cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot add a job with a duplicate name, as a web service already exists with name ... please rename the job and try again

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are attempting to add a web service job and getting a duplicate name issue.  I believe we have a caching issue where this job name may already exist but we are unable to see it on the web services status page.

Is there a data services repository database table where I can find these web services jobs listed and clean it up from the backend?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the complete version of DS ? yes the problem could be with the displaying of batch jobs already published as WS, I remember there was a bug in early version of 4.1 SP1

check if you see the job along with repo name under

webServiceEnabledJobs in %DS_COMMON_DIR%\conf\admin.xml file ? if yes, then the problem is with display

the issue was with invalid Unicode characters in the description of job/wf/df

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is version 4.0, sp2, patch 5.  We are upgrading this in a month to 4.2, sp1, patch 4.

I have found the job listed under a different repository than what we are trying to add it from in the admin.xml file.  It seems that I can edit the file and delete the data.  I close and reopen the file and it is gone but as soon as I try to add the job again I get the duplicate message and I find it again in the xml file under the other repository.

Any idea how I can get around that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can delete the entry from Admin.xml ,for that do the following

Stop tomcat

delete the entry

logon to Designer, connect to local repo that was in the  Admin.xml, open properties of the job, click on attributes, you see a attribute named Webservice Enabled with value TRUE change that value to FALSE, if it is not their then it's fine

close designer

now Start tomcat

one more thing, since this job is showing up in admin.xml, was it also showing up in the webservices page ? if yes, delete it from there instead of manual delete

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What is strange is that the repository it shows in the admin.xml file does not have the job in it at all.  Unless it was there and deleted.  In otherwords I cannot go into that repository and change the Webservice Enabled attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then delete from the admin.xml, make sure to stop the tomcat before you modify the admin.xml

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

Are you able to resolve this issue? If yes, please advise how you did?

We go the same issue long time back and we able to fix by editing the admin.xml file. But got the same issue after 2 months of time. None of the added jobs not showing up in the webservice configuration in the Management console. But admin.xml has every job we added.

Now we are tying to modify admin.xml(turn off tomcat and modify and turn on) but changed are not effecting to the webservice config. When adding job to the webservice config. we got the same error saying job already exists.

Appreciate if you can advise on this.

Thanks

Venky

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It has been a long time since we dealt with this.  I think we ended up just modifying ADMIN.XML as had been suggested and we have not had an issue with it since. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. I also found the root cause. We were trying to modify admin.xml from the installaiton directory. But we have to modify from the C:\Program Files\SAP Business Objects\Config\admin.xml file.

Thanks

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Calculate Usage Dependencies

And wait for some time until Data services populates the AL_USAGE table(Back-end Repository Table).

Once done, you'll receive a pop up message.

Then do the following query to retrieve the number of jobs associated to that repository.

SELECT

AL_USAGE.PARENT_OBJ,

AL_USAGE.PARENT_OBJ_DESC,

AL_USAGE.PARENT_OBJ_TYPE,

AL_USAGE.DESCEN_OBJ,

AL_USAGE.DESCEN_OBJ_DESC,

AL_USAGE.DESCEN_OBJ_TYPE,

AL_USAGE.DESCEN_OBJ_USAGE,

AL_USAGE.DESCEN_OBJ_DS,

AL_USAGE.DESCEN_OBJ_OWNER,

AL_USAGE.DEPTH

FROM AL_USAGE

WHERE AL_USAGE.PARENT_OBJ_TYPE = 'Job'

Now check for your Job which is causing duplicate constraint and delete it.

Regargds,

Mubashir Hussain

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am not clear on what this is showing me.  I have a job set up as a web service and did the steps above.  I pulled the job and dataflow info from AL_USAGE but I see no reference to the fact that it is a web service.  This appears to be just the components of the job and dataflow itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked in AL_History table to see the duplicate names?

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry guys.  Not trying to be difficult on this but isn't the AL_HISTORY table just information about the execution statistics of jobs?  At this point we are just trying to get the job added as a web service but it thinks it is already a web service.   We are not even at the point of executing it yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The job name can be found in the object library. Go to object library and check the job using job name and where it is used.

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure I follow...In the designer if I go to the object library there is no "where used" on the job itself.

What I am looking for is a back end repository table that would show this job established as a web service (i.e. the error indicates that somewhere it thinks this is already set up as a web service). 

I have a feeling we have a disconnect somewhere and internally it thinks this is already set as a web service job but it is not.   If I can clean it up in the back end I can recreate it as a web service job.

Thanks,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right click on the Job and Search using various options (object type = jobs).

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is no option there that shows me if it is being used as a web service.  Here is my issue with some screen shots.

I look at my current web service enabled jobs looking for B_JOB_CP_MDR_to_GW_EMP but it is not in the list.

I attempt to add it from repository DWXDS9

It throws an error and tells me there is already a web service with this name...

Now there has got to be an internal data services table somewhere that has this job listed as a web service.  I am just trying to figure out what that table may be to determine if we can do some type of cleanup on it so we can add this job again as a web service (so it is visible to us).