cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign On Information Steward with SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to integrate a Information Steward Scorecard into the SAP Portal as a URL iView.

That works basically well but how do I configure Single Sign On (SSO), so the user (calling the URL iView) does NOT have to login into the Information Steward embedded into the portal (where he already loged on).

And thre are two different scenarios with either a technical user or real user mapping, so:

Scenario 1:

User "xyz" logs into SAP Portal as "xyz", calls the Info Steward iView that loads the Scorecard loging in with a hard-coded "technical user" in the Information Steward automatically

Scenario 2:

User "xyz" logs into SAP Portal as "xyz", calls the Info Steward iView that loads the Scorecard loging in with a user mapping as user "xyz" in the Information Steward automatically

Are there any technical documentation or guidelines explaining the necessary steps to configure the Single Sign On for these scenarios?

Any help appreciated

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless you are actually using SAP Single Sign-On (the separately licensed product from SAP), this discussion topic belongs to the space. Regarding your requirement, you should first find out what SSO capabilities the Steward Scorecard system has. Preferred methods include SAML, Kerberos, X.509, Logon Tickets, etc. The UIDPW method (GET or POST) should be considered a last resort and even then you should use HTTPS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli, I will close that thread and re-open it on SAP Enterprise Portal...

Answers (0)