cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disabling Variable pop up selection for enduser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

i have query which is authorized based on 0planplant and 0mainplant , query contains authorization variables for  0planplant and 0mainplant,

the keyuser creates the query and selects all the values in the variables ,as different users are authorized for different plants,

when the enduser executes the query ,variable pop up comes with all the selction , and then says  No authorization.!

how to display the values for only which  he is authorized .even though selection does contain many 0planplant.

could you please help with this

regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182599
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

If the roles are correctly defined then the user will only see the Plants they are authorized to see in the value help. Please check the role once more.

Regards

-Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you siddarth  for your reply

the roles are defined correctly

example.

end user can view only one plant 16ht ,

where as the keyuser can view all the plants 16XX.

he creates a workbook with this query and saves it all endusers role.

when we log off from the workbook and log in as enduser ,

the variable pop up displays all the plants 16xx,16xx ,when we go ahead and execute it . it says no authorization but it should show atleast the one plant 16ht right .

so

1.how do i get avoid the preselection of values in the variables .

2.also how to display  only what he is authorized for ?

thanks

former_member182599
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

I think while saving the workbook you might need to keep the variables empty if its optional.

OR

Before refreshing the query  the end user has the delete all the pre-populated values in the variable screen and then choose from value help. They should only see what they are authorized to see.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

-Sid

Answers (0)