cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Source Universe Data Foundation gives connection error (FWM 01014) (DFA 30001)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks, I need some help and guidance. I am creating a Multi Source universe. One source is SAP ECC Info Set and other source is SQL Server 2008. I have created two connections one on the top of SAP ECC Info Set and other is SQL server and both connections were relational connection and I created both connection using IDT and created in repository and later on use them as short in my project. . When I create Multi Source Data Foundation I see both connections. When I try to expand those connection in my Data Foundation I get following error messages. 1. FOR SAP ECC Connection: Unable to find server in XXX(Server name) and Cluster @XXX Servername:6400 with kind pjs and service CS_COBRA_NetworkLayer. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014). 2. FOR SQL Server 2008: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified. If I create Single source Data Foundation and use any of these connection there is no issue. One of the SAP Notes (1866869) says, "This is the product limitation. Combination of 32-bit and 64-bit data providers in a Multi-source enabled Data Foundation is not supported" Yes one more thing. I also opened Data Federation Administration Tool and I see both connection there but I see them with Error, "Problem getting metadata for catalogs. (DFA 30001). I am using BO 4.0 SP6 Client Tools. Any clue what is happening here. I appreciate your help. Thanks Bashir Awan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We would need to configure

1. Log into the Central Management Server (CMC).
  2. Stop the AdaptiveProcessingServer.
  3. Under Host Identifier, Select HostName.
  4. Enter the host name and port number of the AdaptiveProcessingServer.
  5. Restart Server Intelligence Agent in Central Configuration Manager.

Find the note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1710144.

Also please check the below note’s

1690334 - Unable to create or test connection in Information Design Tool

1838006 - [Data Federator Driver] Unexpected exception:com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.UNKNOWN:null

while creating a Webi report based on a Universe migrated using Promotion Management tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I am going to try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, the proposed solution did work for your problem?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope. It did not work.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are also have same issue, so as workaround for connection issues with

multi-source data foundations is to

• Republish the connection and universe and test.

• Force the termination and restart the running ‘Data Federation Service’ in the CMC.

• Set the BI env variable in the server to point to the exact executable path.

If you want to permanent fix, I think need to maintain dedicated server and port per APS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it sorted out? i am facing same issue.