Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA Leave Request --> Hide Customer Field in Confirmation Popup

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

System Information:

NW AS 7.03 ABAP Stack 731 Level 11, ECC 606 (EHP 6) with SAP_HR 604 Level 73 and EA_HR 607 (HR-Renewal 1) Level 24

Background:

For Our WDA Leave Request application, our special department has requested to provide certain additional fields for particular Leave Types, all in all these are three check boxes and one Link-To-URL-UI. I have created these fields, or rather configured them via IMG Customizing Tables V_PT_FIELD_SEL / V_PT_FIELD_SEL_C, using the ten standard customer fields provided by SAP CUSTOMER01 - CUSTOMER10.

After making the subsequential customizing configurations, I have enhanced the WDA OVP-FPM CC "HRESS_CC_GUIBBF_LEAVREQ" to change the respective fields' UI-Type from "Inputfield" to "Checkboxgroup" and "LinkToAction". So far so good; it's nothing fancy and everything works out the way it should.

Problem:

Our special department has recently noted, that the Link-To-Action provided is also taken into account by the Confirmation Dialogue Popup-Box and correctly set read-only like any other field as well. However, the fact that this read-only-link is then also shown in the Popup-Box is confusing to some users and should therefore be hidden. My plan was to enhance the WDA OVP-FPM CC "HRESS_CC_GUIBBF_LEAVREQDIALOG" and simply set the field CUSTOMER01(that's the one field I use for the Link-To-Action-UI) invisible and that's exactly what I did. But look what the effect is:

You can see behind the lightbox in the Form, how the field is usually displayed in the Form-UIBB. What I "achieved" now, though, is, that only the lable is hidden in the Popup-Box through my enhancement in "HRESS_CC_GUIBBF_LEAVREQDIALOG" and the LinkText is still visible.

What I did so far / Question:

So... I went ahead and debugged the feeder class CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF. I found out that in the Methods "FIELDS_SHOW_HIDE_CLEAR" and "FIELD_SETTING_BY_CUSTOMIZING" I would theoretically be able to manipulate the visibility, but:

1. This would mean I'd have to create overwrite-exits, which I would like to avoid, because maintenance is a pain.
  2. Manipulating the process flow here probably has side effects on the field control of the overall application which must not happen. If I'm extremely unlucky it might even effect the data flow.

This brings me to my ultimate question: How do I make a field from this Confirmation Dialogue Popupbox cleanly disappear/invisible in a super-duper-elegant way without using a sledgehammer? Maybe there is a customizing-way I have overlooked so far? (please?)

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aight', everything is fine, sorry for the uproar, my brain just dies on me sometimes. If I want the field to be hidden, of course I have to delete the field from the element group instead of setting its label invisible. Now everything works out as intended.

I'll just asdasdasdasdasdad.......

Cheers, Failing-At-Clicking-The-Garbage-Can-Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I'm missing something here but you can just hide the CUSTOMERXX fields from the popup, either make them invisible or remove completely. See below. If you want to do it properly, create a Z application configuration, a Z component configuration and finally a Z component configuration for the popup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

After a long time seeing a message from you. Looks like ur busy these days.

Here is a way which you can try:

If you have to customize the pop-up dialog, then make a Z copy of the App config and in the app config then you can can see the Dailog Box in the left side, may be there you should be able to add/customize/create a custom config for ur dialog box.

Regards,

Yugandhar Reddy

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli/Yugandhar,

what you suggest is exactly what I did:

My plan was to enhance the WDA OVP-FPM CC "HRESS_CC_GUIBBF_LEAVREQDIALOG" and simply set the field CUSTOMER01(that's the one field I use for the Link-To-Action-UI) invisible and that's exactly what I did.

The only derivation from your suggestions is that I didn't make a deep copy but an enhancement instead, which Creates a delegation Object that automatically inherits from the standard CC. Technically a copy or an enhancement do exactly the same but maintenance is a lot smoother for enhancements, that's why.

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. @ Yugandhar, nice to see you are still around! Indeed I'm primarily occupied with the module FI-TV, that's why I'm only wandering around the ESS/MSS subforums now and then.

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just tried changing the coding in Method FIELD_SETTING_BY_CUSTOMIZING of the feeder class and manipulating the field control, i.e. setting the field hard to invisible (01). As a fun matter of fact, the result (shown in the screenshot of my opening post) remains the same. ó_ò

EDIT: Time for ANST ._.

EDIT: No Standard Corrections available according to ANST