Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does wwi supports tiff or png extension of pictogram file

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Exper

I tried to output .png and .tiff file in wwi but for some reason it is not outputting .png .

Any help ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198518
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check SAP Note 1086712, the note describes the steps you must carry out if you want to output graphics in a WWI report.

1086712 - EH&S: Insert graphics/object from user-def. texts in reports

Regards,

Camila Zilles

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Camila ,

I will try and will let you know . The Note refers about .gif but it does not talk about png . Do I have to convert it into gif and not in png ?

Regards,

P S

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear S P

anything what WinWord can use can be used in WWI. Therefore: please show WWI code and explain better what you have done.

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

When trying to output .png pictogram ,the system is not able to locate file . Are you saying that any format of file extension can be supported by wwi .

Regards,

P S

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear S P

in most cases we have two types of WWI installations. One locally on your client and one on gen server (more than one gen server in most cases).there is a subfolder available to store graphic files (i believe callrd "graphic". To print graphic files you have these options:

a.) by using user defined text

b.) by using phrases

c.) by using identifiers

d.) or via parameter symbols

WWI will always try to locate the graphic file in same folder. Clearly if graphic is not stored there is can not display it. So on any local WWI installation (for action e.g.) "Report from template) you nned the graphic files and for "Create report" oin nay Gen Server the file must be there

But WWI is based on WinWord and clearly WinWordcan use "Png" files. Graphic files are not stored in SAP DMS !

C.B.

PS: WWI tries to "incorporate" the graphic using the "folder" structure of WWI.

PPS: topic of graphic has been  discussed often; only as examples:

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I was able to bring png files but looks like it is hard to combine pictograms in wwi as generally digrams will not directly come in our template .I want to join three pictograms together as shown below .

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear S P

nearly same issue is discussed here:

Discussion is started by you. I am sorry to say that your demand is "quite" tricky and a challenge. First you need to understand: how are the "pictogramms" retrieved by WWI. I believe using the WWI code shown you will not get the solution. "on the top" you need to use "text boxes" (if I remember correct) so that the pictohgrams will overlap so that no space is between them as shown by you; this is as well WWI challenge but a WinWord challenge as well.

The trick is to understand the definition of the characteristic (in which the phrases are located to which the pictogramms are linked to). The characteritic used is of "multiple value". So first: try to understand hwo you could out put using WWI technique 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. value; then you will may be get a solution

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you . found the solution .

Regards,

P S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it looks like you found a solution. is it standard ? did you integrate .png (transparency) file into your Template ?

i'm facing exactly same issue and I would be interested if you could share about your solution.

i'm able to display all my pictograms as a diamond but i'm using .bmp so white part is overlapping central pictogram

thanks

Answers (0)