SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central addresses management - connection object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community,

Actually in our system, each time we create technical objects, its generate a new entry in the ADRC table with an address group PM01 (PM objects).

I see that there is an address group ES01 for connection object addresses, but we actually have 0 entry in this group. How can we use this group instead of the generic PM01 ?

The other question relative to ADRC is, is that a good practice to have a new entry in ADRC in the PM01 address group each time we create a new work order instead of link the PM order to the existing address in ADRC ?

Regards,

Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nicolas:

PM01 is correct.  It is defined as a constant within the connection object function group.  As to the other question, it seems that the orders are created wherein the address is directly entered as opposed to using the functional location number.  In your case a new address number is created.  In the other, the reference is used.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nicolas:

PM01 is correct.  It is defined as a constant within the connection object function group.  As to the other question, it seems that the orders are created wherein the address is directly entered as opposed to using the functional location number.  In your case a new address number is created.  In the other, the reference is used.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Ok thank you William.

Actually we extended the ADRC table with a Z field to identify addresses in PM01 Address group related to Connection object. I wondering if we could use the ES01 address group instead our Z field.

And just by curiosity I was interrested to understand the use case for ES01

0 Kudos

And for the work order discussion, I actually create a work order with IW31, I select a functional location on the first screen and then a partener in the second screen (tab Cust. Address.)

My tab Obj. address is already fill with the functional location address, an the tab order adress with the same.

When I save, a new entry is created in ADRC (duplicate from the address of my functional location).