Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start after certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i recently got certified in CO. however i am not able to get the use of the certification. the job i am getting is of starter level with salary of around 3 LPA. however i am currently getting 15LPA as finance manager.

can anybody advise what i should do. Should i jump into sap arena without thinking much about present salary.

Thanx

Pankaj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

This is an expected outcome, when you shift from your current career to another career.  Because you are starting as a new career in SAP.  I have written many times to our guys who have inquired in this forum about career shift.

When you come to IT field, they don't count your domain experience as SAP experience.  However, If I look at you current salary in domain with SAP salary it is just 20%.  HR always plays the game when it comes for monetary side.  You have to play nicely to get your salary & designation (because you are already working as Finance Manager) good and decent.

To reach your current salary, it may take 3 to 5 years in SAP.  I don't want to demotivate but it is a true fact in current SAP India industry.  If you choose this salary and settle, then next job negotiation salary will count from your current SAP Salary whatever you get that time. 

Think wisely and take a decision.  Why don't you apply more companies and get the right SAP Salary job?  Why don't you connect with Top CMM Level companies HR through LinkedIn?  There are lot of posts, HR sharing through LinkedIn.

Regards

GGOPII

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

This is an expected outcome, when you shift from your current career to another career.  Because you are starting as a new career in SAP.  I have written many times to our guys who have inquired in this forum about career shift.

When you come to IT field, they don't count your domain experience as SAP experience.  However, If I look at you current salary in domain with SAP salary it is just 20%.  HR always plays the game when it comes for monetary side.  You have to play nicely to get your salary & designation (because you are already working as Finance Manager) good and decent.

To reach your current salary, it may take 3 to 5 years in SAP.  I don't want to demotivate but it is a true fact in current SAP India industry.  If you choose this salary and settle, then next job negotiation salary will count from your current SAP Salary whatever you get that time. 

Think wisely and take a decision.  Why don't you apply more companies and get the right SAP Salary job?  Why don't you connect with Top CMM Level companies HR through LinkedIn?  There are lot of posts, HR sharing through LinkedIn.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Thanks Gopi for the valuable advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, I do not now what is the currency "LPA" and do not know its size, but why are you wondering of small salary in beginner position of sap consultant? Now, only the thing that you are doing is learning. When you will start to bring money to the company from projects(after ~1year), your salary will be much higher....

"Should i jump into sap arena without thinking much about present salary."

It is up to you......If your current job is good, stay there......

regards

0 Kudos

Hi Pavlo

LPA stands for lacs per annum. So 3 LPA would mean INR 0.3 million per annum.

yes, i agree with you. its always give and take. you earn good money for the company and then get higher remuneration.

Thanx