Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS deduction from Customer.

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The customer of my clients used to deduct TDS @ 2% at the time of Fund receipt. to my client.

The entry in Tally is

TDS a/c  Dr   10000

Bank a/c Dr    490000

To  Customer a/c  Cr  500000.

1. My doubt is how to make this entry in SAP. Should I follow Withholding Tax for Customer (Like Vendor)  or I create manual GL for TDS a/c.

2. The customer of my client used to deduct TDS with Under sec 194C @ 2%. So what official withholding tax key should I use for TDS config for customers . Is it 194C   or any thing other?

Please guide.

Regards

Soumya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Soumya,

Yes, it is covered under sec.194C. Same TDS procedure applicable for both vendors & Customers. But ensure that at the time of assignment of withhold tax type to co.code, you have to select sub.to w/x check box which is in the customer data and also assign w/h codes in customer master data.

Regards,

Mukthar Ali

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukthar for your reply.

I will try the same in development. But could you clear me another thing. What about the TDS which is being deducted  from FDs. Should those entries will be done manually or there is any other work around.

Regards

Soumya.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

For FD interest there is a section 194A is applicable and the TDS rate is 10% on them. If you already created the section for vendor, then do the same as did for 194C for customer config.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mukhtar,

Please let me know on following points. Here we used to deduct TDS on both vendor and customer. Now when we deduct TDS on vendor side it is showing under "current liability" . Now my question is , should I create a different TDS GL for TDS being deducted on customer site. or I will use the same GL as per vendor.

What is the best practice ? Please guide.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

Generally we create separate GL for TDS receivable. Because this will adjust at year end once customer will provide TDS certificate. So better to define separate GLs for it.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

Thanks for your reply. This TDS receivable will be created on current asset side. Yes or No ?

2. The entry in Tally is like this.

In Bank A/c  Dr  4,80000

TDS Receivable  20000 Cr

Customer a/c    500000 Cr.

Now for automatic deduction of this TDS receivable I have to define separate with tax and code and assign new GL.

now also in customer master  , I have to update CIN details. Because without this the system will not allow to deduct tax.

Now the client is having the TAN No. of the customer . Will that be sufficient or I need PAN no. too. What is necessary ?

Please guide.

Regards

Soumya

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes it comes under current assets.

2. Yes, you have to create separate GL and tax code. You have to update PAN no. also in CIN details for the customer.

Regards,

Mukthar