cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating CRM Employee Interaction Center in NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I should post this question here or in the NWBC space. I'll try here first and see .

Update: After trying over on the CRM space I've moved it back to the NWBC space to see if I get any response.

I am looking for anyone with any experience integrating CRM EIC into the NetWeaver Business Client (NWBC). I have a scenario where we have HR Administrators using both NWBC and the EIC. I'd like to provide them a consistent user experience, ideally allowing them to access the EIC from NWBC and then drill back into ECC from the EIC using the capabilities of NWBC. The problem is that if you embed EIC into NWBC you end up with double headers and double menus... (it looks bad). At the very least I'd like to remove the "Interaction Center" banner, without losing the functionality.. Personalise, System News, Log Off.

Figure 1: CRM EIC embedded inside NWBC

Then when you are processing an employee in EIC sometimes you will drill back down into ECC (e.g. Personnel Administration) and by default EIC uses the WebGUI which in my opinion is a poor user experience. These users have access to Personnel Administration in NWBC via the Windows GUI - that's what they like, so that's what I want to give them.

Figure 2: SAP WebGUI embedded inside CRM EIC which is embedded inside NWBC

I suppose we can just open the EIC in a new window, but IMO an integrated solution like SAP should be able to provide a better user experience than that.

I know there are some other ways to call specific CRM Objects but I am not sure that would work in this scenario: Integrating CRM WebClient into NWBC - SAP NetWeaver Business Client - SAP Library

Please add any thoughts/comments/suggestions below.

Thanks,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Yes, you are correct; if you don't want to open CRM Web UI client in a new window, then this is how it looks.

Our strategy going forward is to take the best bits of each of our current UI clients (SAP GUI, NWBC, Portal, Web UI...) and merge them with Fiori Launchpad.

Therefore, there will be no further developments in the area of NWBC+Web UI integration. I can appreciate your frustration, but at present, we simply have too many Business Suite transaction-based clients (I 'm leaving out Analytics, Mobile, etc).

I will also DM you on this.

Best wishes,

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Julie.

Answers (0)