Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign the same credit card to more than one customer master

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a question for consultants at least a little familiar with SAP business partner, Customer-vendor-intergration cvi, contract accounting:

My customer wants to store the same credit card with more than one customer. Arguments are that family members or partners may mutually agree to use the same credit card for their distinct purchases.

I never tried with amazon or the likes but I know that SAP validates the uniqueness of credit cards.

I found 6 code line where the message (V/)005 "Payment card &1 &2 is already assigned to customer &3" prohibits duplicate assignment.

Even if I create a couple of enhancements to suppress the error, I don't know how the system will work.

The customer does not like the idea of using alternative payer.

Did you ever face the same problem and how did you solve it?

Much Thanks in advance

Best regards

Clemens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logically the functionalilty of throwing an error is correct.  Your credit card cannot be used by somebody else.  However, if you assign the original Payer of the credit card to second customer also as a Payer then, it is possible.

G. Lakshmipathi

RBM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

I think you need to "play" with the partners function role.

If there are family members, on the system they are sold to's but the payer is only one of them.

So if you assign the same payer for these group they would share the credit card.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Rafael,

as I said "The customer does not like the idea of using alternative payer."

I know this would be the correct way but the customer rules - so I try to evaluate a solution.

Regards

Clemens

RBM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clements,

There is no "alternative" payer, since by standard you could only have one payer.

Regards.

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, that's what SAP calls it. It just means that the recipient is not the payer. We are in SAP media.

It does not help with my origianl question. Can you tell me why a bank accound ist handled differntly from a credit card?

Regards

Clemens