cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting WHT Code with Recipient Type in Vendor Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I created two recipient types - IH (Individuals / HUF) and OT (Others). I have created two WHT codes - 1A (1% for IH) and 1B (2% for Others).

Now my requirement is that, while creating vendor master, when user selects recipient type IH (Individual / HUF), then system should only allow selection of WHT Code of 1A (i.e. 1%). If user select recipient type OT (Other), then system should only allow selection of WHT Code of 1B.

Please let me know if can build this control in vendor master (using standard functionality) or validation (using standard SAP).

--

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meena,

Assign recipient type to w.h.type in the configuration menu -FI (New)-withholding tax-extended w.h.tax-basic settings-check recipient type. If you done the configuration, at the time assigning w.h.tax code to vendor system will validate the correct recipient type assigned it or not.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mukhtar,

Will check and update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

In my case, there will be only one WHT Type for Invoice. Withing WHT Type, there will be two WHT Code - Individual and Others.

So I want to restrict at WHT Code level, not at WHT Type level.

Please help.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meena,

The setting available at w.h.type level only. If you want to calculate at code level, then you have to create separate w.h.types for individual & others.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I buy your point.

I will create WHT Type for WHT Code - Individual and WHT Code - Others.

But still there will be an issue since WHT Code will be different Non PAN and With PAN (within Individual). So still this will be an issue.

How to control this now.

=

Meena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meena,

I would suggest keep the design simple and not increase the w.tax types. You may consider writing validation (OB28) by using SETS. In sets you can maintain the tax codes against whihc you want Validation.

Regards,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

It won't be possible through validations. I will have to build some restrictions in ABAP while posting in downpayments (F-48).

So i wanted to know, if we can write coding somewhere (enhancement spot or user exit) in SAP, which will pull ABAP coding during F-48 transaction posting.

--

Meena

Answers (0)