Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Platform

former_member1256457
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Hope all are doing good !

Today i have a requirement wherein i want to develop a Platform which will immediately notify me or my group when any batch job failed in the SAP system. The notification should be in the form of Email, Mobile SMS, etc if available.

We are having a Third party tool in which we monitor, restart,hold & stop batch jobs as per requirement, if client having any month end activities on weekend this creates problem for them and hampers their invoices/billing as we don't work on weekends !

So how to setup my requirement if i am having a batch job monitoring third party tool & SAP system from which i expect to get immediate alerts for certain people.

Thanks.

Rip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

narukurti
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can do it from SAP system itself. Query the table TBTCO for the status of the job scheduled. If the status is 'A' then the job was cancelled by the system due to error.You can create a small program with a query like 'SELECT STATUS FROM TBTCO WHERE JOBNAME='ZZZZ' AND STRTDATE=sysdate'  and schedule it . You can configure email and SMS based on the result of the query. In our organization we have created two programs.

1. To query the table TBTCO and insert a record in ZTABLE based on the status of the job.

2. To query the ZTABLE and send SMS and email to the defined numbers.

former_member1256457
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

As per your thought if i will schedule anything that will be a system performance issue here. Consider i am having 'N' number of jobs to take in action if this fix gonna work, so here i do not want to increase the load on system because already batch jobs are failing due to this reason only.

Can you please explain it briefly if i want to explain it to technical team. Will be appreciated !!

Thanks.

Rip

narukurti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ripel,

You have to create batch jobs for this to happen. I do not think querying table with proper constraints will create any load on server.

Program 1:- to query the TBTCO table and extract the jobs failed . Populate the intermediate ZTABLE with the details of failed jobs.

Program 2:- Query the ZTABLE and configure the body of SMS and Email and send them to the users. For SMS you have to configure the SCOT . EMAIL can be triggered in the bath job schedule itself. Please let your technical team study the program 'SWN_TEST_SEND_SMS1' to send SMS to the users.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Central Process Scheduling from Redwood is already there and it does the same for our BW/R3/APO  - mail/SMS.

Give it a look on CPS and it's based on NW Java

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe there should be a feature to send e-mail notifications on Autosys. If this is not available on the version of Autosys you use then you may schedule a crontab script to check the Autosys logs and trigger an e-mail during the weekends.

Regards

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ripel,

We can configure this functionality using 3rd party tool UC4.

Which 3rd party tool do you have ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member1256457
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I am not using UC4, using WCC autosys at my end, can you share your views on this.

Thanks.

Rip

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ripel,

Got this links through some search on the net.

http://community.xmatters.com/docs/DOC-4453#.U_2qSNKSxGM

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member1256457
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Deepak,

I appreciate your reply !

Can we have any possibility of Interfaces or any Enhancement Logic checks which can make this successful, as i can see this product is paid and i have very less time in which i don't want to get into this. Any other clue you have ?

Thanks.

RIp

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ripel.

Further searching resulted in getting one link

UNIX/Linux Tips [and Tricks?]: Scripting 101: Monitoring Autosys Jobs - Evolved Form

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ripel,

I am not sure if the product searched was correct, but if you do google with "ca wcc autosys job fail email" then 1st 2 links have information on this.

Regards,

Divyanshu