Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environment for parallel background tasks not yet initialized

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some ABAP systems (EHP7) where I get the following error message in SM21:

EK1 - Background processing - Error found in PBT environment, FM = SPBT_GET_CURR_RESOURCE_INFO

While processing parallel background tasks, the system discovered an error in the specified function module. The reason for the error is described in the corresponding system log entry.

EK6 - Background processing - Environment for parallel background tasks not yet initialized

The system attempted to execute a function from the "parallel background tasks" area and determined that the environment was not yet initialized. The developer of the program forgot to add a call of the function "SPBT_INITIALIZE" to the program. Notify the developer of the program.

I have these problems not at all EHP7 systems.

SAP: ERP ABAP EHP7

Kernel: 740_60 / 741_26 / 741_42 / 741_47

Does anyone have clue what I have to activate?

Thank you and best regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

could you please check in STAD, which application and from where creates these entries? I have seen in some cases, that for example the job EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER can create these entries, the job itself was running on solution manager system and has created these entries in the syslog of monitored system.

Regards,
Alwina

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

Thank you for the hint! You're right, the entries are created by the solution manager via RFC.

But I don't find anything about this error .. any idea?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Tobias

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

probably this SCN thread would help:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3213320

Regards,
Alwina

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

I found this thread days ago, but it was not the solution for my problem.

Thanks!

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

is it also the same job EFWK RESOURCE MANAGER in your case? Some time ago I have forwarded an incident to solution manager team with this job and errors like you have described, and this incident is in processing by development support at SAP now. Probably you should create an incident for the issue. Or I can update this thread, if development will find the cause of these errors.

Regards,
Alwina

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Yes, it's the same job that runs on the Solution Manager!

Do you have also just problems in your EHP7 systems, or are some other 'infected'?

If this error is not solved, we have no other option but open a massage.

Thank you for the hint!

I think an update to this case is very welcome.

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get a solution to this?

We've same issue accross multiple product versions due to Solution Manager.

Regards,

Abhishek

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias, hello Abhishek,

probably execution of solman_setup would help, and if not, I think it is better to open an incident on component SV-SMG-DIA-SRV-EFW.

Regards,
Alwina

mirko_potrc
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

after implementing the newest sp ST-A/PI 01R_710 on the ABAP satellite systems the syslog messages doesn't appear any longer.

Regards

Mirko

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mirko,

Well it's very strange!

You're right, in a new system (EHP7) with ST-A/PI 01R_731 we don't get this messages, but in 'old' EHP7 systems with ST-A/P I01Q_731.

So after I read your message, I gave it a try and upgraded one DEV system to ST-A/PI 01R_731, but I still get the messages, even after a restart ..

Any Idea?

Best regards,

Tobias

mirko_potrc
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

ok, let me think.

Solution Tools must be up to date, that also means package ST-PI 2008_1_710 SP10 und postprocessing work via report RTCCTOOL.

Did you configured a logon group in RZ12 and defined it in SARFC ? That's all i've done.

Regards

Mirko

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

You're right, I missed the ST-PI update ..

Thank you!

Answers (0)