Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assiging ILM objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am consufed a bit and need your help.

I created an audit aread using process Audit area and assigned few archiving objects to it.  Then i went to ILM policies  entered policy category,object category,Aduit area(used the same audit area that we just created). Here is something that i tried different, In ILM Object section i selected the object other than what assigned to the audit area we just created. The question i have here is what is the different between  " when i assigned ILM objects the archiving objects  in ILM policies  for the same audit area" and the archiving object that i assigned earlier to the same audit area. How these two things differ.

Not sure if i have been able to explain my dobut very clearly. Let me know if i need to rephrase it.

Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I am not sure I understand your question.  But, the scenario you are explaining can't occur.  If the ILM Object is not part of the Audit Area and you try to enter it (as you described above), you get an error
"No policy available" and it does not let you continue.

One thing to note is that rules are mapped to the ILM Object, not the Archive Object.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson