cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decision Table for nested IF ELSE Loop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am new to BRFPLUS and trying to build a scenario which has multiple check points.

e.g I check for name or description and amount and decide the category for a particular product.

Presently I am using a 'decision tree' and using 'value range' for the conditions.

The problem I am facing is that value range allows only  one parameter to be compared where as I have to compare multiple input parameters which have different data type.

It is also possible that name or description could be blank, so with either of the values I have to conclude the category.

Can somebody suggest if a Decision Table can be used or is there any other way.

Please let me know for further clarifications.

Regards,

Tanvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi,

I think the decision table is the BRFplus expression you are looking for in order to compare some conditions (in your case name/description and amount) to get one (or several) result values.

The single condition columns can have different data types, nevertheless one column is restrited to one data type as it is usually linked to a context variable of your ruleset.

You can also use expressions as columns, but concerning your scenario that would be a litle bit oversized

BR

Christian

Answers (0)