cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No available functions when using AFM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Tried using PAL through AFM today and hit my first snag. When I open my *.aflpmml file, i cannot see a list of available function on my right window. Have you folks experiance this before?

2 additional details, my HANA development studio is revision 7 and instead of using an AFL Connector, I used an AFL Model as this was the option that was available to me.

My HANA development studio has missing functions.

My studio is revision 7

I do not have the option to select an AFL Connector but instead i choose the AFL Model. I can only guess that a revision was made since the release.

any help offered is appriciate

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Window->Show View->Other and select Palette.  You will get the list of BFl and PAL algorithms..

sakirkha_pathan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip. Able to see palette with function list now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sakirkha,

Can you please mark the answer correct and close the thread. Will be convenient for others.

sakirkha_pathan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

I dont see the option to mark correct / helpful answer - may be because i am not the author of this thread or may be i am behind firewall!

Request moderator to kindly do the same.

Thanks

sakirkha_pathan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Were you able to resolve this? I am facing similar issue.

(HANA SPS 8.0 and Hana studio 1.0.70)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Simon,

did you make the change to the daemon.ini file to start the script server?

-- START SCRIPT SERVER
ALTER SYSTEM ALTER CONFIGURATION ('daemon.ini', 'SYSTEM') SET ('scriptserver', 'instances') = '1' WITH RECONFIGURE;

there's more info on making that change here on the hana academy (live 2 project) using scripts from here. this scenario uses link prediction but the setup would be the same.

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for responding and my script server is up and running. Any other recommendation?

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Simon,

the only other recommendation from Philip (in his video) is to ensure that you've restarted the hana servers.

in the live 2 course when we saw this issue it was either (a) the servers not running or (b) the servers needing a restart.

very rarely there was an issue in the live 2 course on premise related to studio / eclipse. we fixed an issue via a deletion of the user work folder (after backing it up) on the laptop / dev machine. this may not be the only other solution to the issue but we used it as we were stuck and in a classroom setting. hopefully you don't have to do this though...i.e. hopefully the server restart will solve the issue.

-jamie