Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD. Will it be a good move?

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Greetings!

I want to go for SAP SD certification and start my career as a SAP Consultant. But i have doubts about suitability of my profile for SD certification.

Following is my profile-

Graduation - BSc. Computer Science

Post Graduation - MBA (Marketing)

Work experience - 2 years in sales as a Business Development Officer at CRISIL LTD

Though i have full confidence in my calibre,biggest concern for me  is placement as it will be a big Investment.

I have also heard from my friends and read on internet that market is saturated for SAP SD consultants. And for freshers chances of getting placed are less.

Also please suggest me best training institutes in Mumbai.

(i know there are many such posts on this forum so sorry but i really need your guidance folks

Thanks and Regards,

Sushant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushant,

I have written it here several times and I am still convinced of it: I think SAP CRM is much more modern then SAP SD. It also has a full marketing component as well as a sales component. I also think the market is not as saturated as in SAP SD. You might opt for being a functional Junior SAP CRM consultant or Business Analyst as a start. I am a happy SAP CRM consultant for more then 10 years now.

What others have written might also be true: a certificate is no guarantee for a job.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

8 REPLIES 8

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sushant,

Your friends may be right, as the market for SD is saturated, particularly when number of SD consultants are around. For that matter, most of the standard modules are coming to standstill, because of the reason the consultants are growing exponentially and opportunities are getting limited. Yes, there would still be opportunities, if you are an established consultant with skills in niche areas.

Nobody is able to suggest the best training institutes.

Please visit training.sap.com to see the next available courses in your area.

The following SAP Education Partners you can have a look at:

Training Locations

The future is with analytic market, hence, you should look into BI/BO areas.

Best Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Right.

But as far as i know BI BO are technical. One need to be from IT or programming background. Yes i am computer science graduate but it has been almost 4 years i passed out and at the moment i hardly remember this programming/ coding thing.

Am i eligible for BI BO? 

0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

If you are interested in Sales, you could still learn basics of SD, then try with CRM. This is also not a bad option, as CRM will have some decent market.

Regarding your question, you do not need to have programming knowledge to learn BI. Without having programming knowledge you can learn BI. Mostly you would have right click create thing only.

You can start with BI, then you after some experience, then you can slowly learn BO later.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushant,

I have written it here several times and I am still convinced of it: I think SAP CRM is much more modern then SAP SD. It also has a full marketing component as well as a sales component. I also think the market is not as saturated as in SAP SD. You might opt for being a functional Junior SAP CRM consultant or Business Analyst as a start. I am a happy SAP CRM consultant for more then 10 years now.

What others have written might also be true: a certificate is no guarantee for a job.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

I agree with you!

CRM is vast and like an Ocean. Initially i was thinking about CRM only. But when i went to training institute for counselling they told me for CRM module i need to have at least 6 months of experience in SAP SD. Without it they can't give me admission for CRM Module.

Thanks for your response

Regards,

Sushant

0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

If you look at previous discussion, all the guys had same issue in SAP Authorized Training Institute, India.  You know why? because they are not getting good number of candidates to take the class in SAP CRM Sales Or Service, so they want to narrate different story to different persons to convince them to SAP SD.

If they tell like that, then you can talk to SAP Education India SAP about that institute and your concern to them.

They will guide you how to move on to next.  As everybody suggested, do not look at the option SAP SD, you need to stick to SAP CRM Sales or Service.  I have told in many discussion that post SAP CRM 7, it looks very promising and many customers are showing interest towards to SAP CRM.

Do not convince settle what they say.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sushant,

SAP SD is not saturated! There are plenty of opportunities.

For freshers it is difficult to break into SAP (across all modules)

Work hard and give time to learn and develop, probably 5 years. SAP SD opportunities will always be there.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.