cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC for Desktop - pop-up inaccessible in background

Alexander_S
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We’re using NWBC 4.0 for Desktop on Windows Terminal Server 2008 R2 and facing since two weeks the following problems:

When I open NWBC PL11 (full desktop or seamless) I’ve about 5 seconds to choose from connection entries before pop-up is hiding behind main window. Same problem exists afterwards with IExplorer license warning or NWBC login window.

With NWBC PL14 the connection entry window stays on top but the problem with the hiding license windows still exist. You cannot recover from it as NWBC pop-ups are hidden for Win task bar.

We’re not aware of any changes on the terminal servers (Windows patches or SAP updates) but suddenly it stopped working.

Very similar problem exists when we connect with DameWare Remote Control to a Windows 8 Client. As long I’m connected you cannot use NWBC for Desktop.

Does anyone know a workaround for these problems?

Kind regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

nwbc 4.0 pl 13 or 14 / Windows Terminalserver 2008 r2
A certificate warning caused the logonwindow to hide behind the main window. I changend the internetexplorer securitysettings to prevent the messagepopup. The logonwindow now stays in front.

Maybe something changed in internetexplorersettings?

Harry

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

roybrasse
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've also seen this issue in our Citrix environment. 

After working with SAP Support, they have confirmed this is a known issue in NWBC 4.0 PL13 and PL14.  Expect a fix in PL15 due in the third week of October 2014.

The only workaround I'm aware of is pressing the ESC key one or more times, you will be returned to the System Selection screen.

Roy

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos