cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workforce Performance Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All - first time poster,

This is the first time my colleagues and I are building out SAP Training material using Workforce Performance Builder.  We have a few questions that we are hoping the experts can help us with:

1.  Within a central work area, we have been successful creating users and assigning roles.  The Administrator roles can easily download and upload content to the central work area from their pcs.  However, we are having difficulty with the users that are assigned Master Author or Standard Author.  When either author role attempts to connect to the central work area, the option to download resources and content is not presented.  This is an issue as we need to have Standard Authors access the Book(course)/Project(BPP) folder structure in the Project Explorer in order for them to record the BPPs.  Are we missing a step?  Why don't authors have access to the course/BPP structure?  When I try to assign a BPP task to a user I've created, an email is not generated and nothing occurs.  Please help.

2. Second question is around "Packaging Courses" for upload to a separate LMS.  In other instructional design tools, once the courses are built out, and BPPs are linked into the courses, there is an option to publish a Packaged Course, as a single file, for upload to an LMS.  How is this done in WPB?

3.  The client requires adjustments made to the documentation templates.  Simple adjustments like additional auto-populated fields derived from the recording or from the Project Editor screen.  Items such as:  Description, Purpose, Role, and Tips need to be populated into the Project documentation but we cannot find a way to incorporate these items into all documentation without first publishing to MS Word.  The issue is if edits to the recording are made, and a republish is required, any information inserted into previously published Word doc is not carried over to the new version.... unless we can find a way to populate these new fields from the Project Editor.  Please help.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

AJA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aja,

we're moving the first baby steps in WPB as well.

What LMS are you using?

How did you end up with WPB in the end?