cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Source System refresh,lot of datasource, Transformations and DTP's are missing or deleted in BW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am running into this post source system refresh issue again and again and looking for some permanent solution or snote or reason for system behavior.

Our basis did a source system refresh from production to Quality ( ECC & SRM ) early this year. Source system connection check failed in BW Quality, though SM59 test passed, Idoc type was correct. We tried all the possible solutions like BDLS run, replicating metadata. Finally Basis did a system restore i believe and fixed the source system connection but resulted in a different issue in BWA. I saw dataflow ( datasource, transformation and DTP etc. ) for few data targets went missing. we tried all the solutions posted in the sap sites, none helped and ended up in doing a transport of missing objects from BW Dev to BW quality.

Now again, last week we did a system refresh. And got into the same issue. Source system check failed in BW quality, Idoc type mismatch issue. We corrected the Idoc type in Partner profile, checked the Configuration tables ( EDIMSG, BASICIDOC etc. ) and fixed the connection but i see lot of datasource and transformations are missing AGAIN. I know i can do a transport from BW DEV to Quality but this is definitely time consuming and not a correct fix.

I wanted to check with you all, if there is anything we can do from the BW side to avoid this repeated system behavior. If this has to do something with the patch level we are in ( BW 7.31). Or we know the actual cause of this issue?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I have the same issue. Sources, transformations and IPAK are gone. how did you fix it?

Ark

jko1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/CwpYGQ.

best regards,

Janette

jko1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you strictly follow note 886102 or link BW system copy scenarios - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wiki? if you only copied the source system, scenario C should be correct. The described steps are important in order to avoid inconcistencies.

best regards,

Janette

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing same issue, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Suri