cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling two parts in the same plant differently with Serialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I have a case where the same part is being produced in two different buildings/mfg lines, but is under one plant code in SAP.  One manufacturing line is serialized whereas one line is not.  I have the settings so it is not mandatory to enter a serial number but when producing in the plant that is NOT serialized managed, I receive the pop up asking for the serial number.  If I just click the check mark (enter) to proceed forward, it let's me backflush, but I get the following warning message....

"No. of serial numbers assigned does not correspond to confirmation qty"  Message no RM065

Has anyone had a similar situation?  If so, how did you handle it?  I have not found to date a way to suppress the message, is anyone aware of a good way to handle it

Comments are appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Wally

On tab "work scheduling" of the material master you will find the serial number profile assigned to this material. Going to the customizing transaction OIS2, you should make sure that, for the serial number profile assigned to this material, the serial number usage is optional for PP orders and repetitive manufacturing.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thanks for the reply.  It is actually already optional.  As I mentioned, the issue is that I keep receiving a warning message (shown above).

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wally

You can follow the procedure of the following document to find out if this message is hardcoded as a warning or if it is changeable on customizing:

BR

Caetano

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Wally Martin,

As you have mentioned that your serial number is optional so when you confirmed it is not mandatory to enter serial number. PPSF(i think it is correct) is serial number profile. So serial number assigned material is confirmed less than the total confirmed quantity.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh Kumar