Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Minimum Payment Amount

susan_mack
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

We have a need to set minimum payment amounts for specified payment methods, however, we enter the payment method into the accounting document so FBZP configuration is not checked during payment run.

I don't know much about BTE but I have seen BTE 00001820 suggested for similar situations, however if I understand correctly that is for individual document selection, whereas our requirement is that the minimum value would be for the sum value of multiple documents resulting in a payment >= set minimum.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this without changing the process of specifying payment method in the accounting document?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can enter the minmum payment amount in FBZp in Payment method for company and  system should read when you make payment through F110

susan_mack
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you but that only works when the payment method is not specified in the accounting document.  If not specified it checks the vendor master for payment method and then does the minimum check against FBZP.  When specified in the accouting document there is no mimimum check performed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan ,

It doesnot matter whether payment method is define in Docuemnt or not . System reads from master . No doubts Line item payment method takes poriity but still system checks the minmum amount

susan_mack
Explorer
0 Kudos

That's what I had been thinking however I tested this yesterday and it paid invoices that were < set minimum.  Upon further research and re-reading the help for the field on FBZP, it was confirmed that when the accounting document has the payment method specified, the minimum check is ignored.  It only applies when not specified in the invoice document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

YOu can create a validation rule for this in OB28  . Did you try this option instead of looking of any BTE ?

susan_mack
Explorer
0 Kudos

That is an option I'm considering but I think it would show the errors in the log after the payment run is executed, rather than show them as exceptions at the proposal stage.

Another consideration I must look at more in depth is the minimum amount set at the overall company code level, but this would impact all payment methods.  I need to do further analysis to determine feasibility of this option.