cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SAP Identity Management be used to connect to NetWeaver Gateway?

SREaton
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I need a User Id in NetWeaver Gateway, ECC, CRM, and also HANA (We are business suite on HANA), but I want the passwords for my B-2-C
application to be in SAP Identity Management.  I understand that with SP 8 on 7.1 there is an oData API that I could get my SAPUI5 application (Utility
Multi-Channel) to connect to, but I need SAP Identity Management to talk to all these other systems.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

zubev
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Not sure what exactly you are asking for. SAP IDM can manage users in all the systems you have mentioned. SAP IDM together with its IDM federation component can also do SAML based logon to those systems. And if you refer to the GW user self service APIs they could currently connect to Business Suite system, but could also be modified to leverage IDM OData APIs to integrate with IDM or you can directly use IDM OData APIs.

Ciao, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

IdM is able to connect to all your systems, and as Matt said, the OData REST API if available since SP8 of 7.2

Jannis

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

SAP IDM will do UI5/RESTful in 7.2, not 7.1.  As far as password management goes, yes it can set passwords in any of those systems. Take a look here for more information.

Matt

0 Kudos