cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Extract Huge SAP HR Data into Excel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts & Gurus,

Need your Valuable suggestions regarding this scenario.

I need to extract entire SAP HR data, modules are OM,PA,TM,PY and PD into Excel sheets because our clients are migrating to other ERP. The data volume is very huge, as they are using SAP since 14years. Can we use se16 to extract the data , will it able to handle in extracting the data from HR Tables or any other standard ways to extract this huge data without any dumps or errors .

Appreciate if you provide some useful suggestions or tips  for this scenario.

Thank you.

Regards

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

This is indeed not an usual request.

My answer is divided to two parts:

First:

What's the purpose of this data download?

Do you wish to transfer the data from SAP into the new ERP system? Or do you need the download as a backup?

If you want to transfer the data, I think the best way is to do so by IDOCS/ALE transfer.

Second,

If you still wish to download the entire data to Excel/Spreadsheet:

• You can use the SE16/SE16N for it, BUT it will provide you only a partial solution, because SE16 won't help you in downloading data from cluster tables, Notes, Attachments etc. In addition, you will have to download the data for each and every table, and this sounds crazy    🙂
  • My advise to you, if you insist of downloading it to excel, is to ask your ABAPer to write uniqe programs which will read the entire modules and create external files accordingly.

Good luck!!

Liran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Liran,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.its really given an brief idea now.

First:

What's the purpose of this data download?

Do you wish to transfer the data from SAP into the new ERP system? Or do you need the download as a backup?

Yes , Transfer the data from SAP to New ERP system, it is not for Backup.

IDOCS/ALE from SAP to New ERP?

Second

I think Payroll results stored in cluster tables, so here we need Abaper to write program. For OM , PA and TM can we extract via Se16/ Se16n .

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

Vicky

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Yes, you may use the IDOC framework to download the data into external files (this can also be done by IDOCS). I think this is the best solution for you, because with IDOCS all the data is structured, controlled and being logged.

Good luck again & regards,

Liran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Liran.

Regards

Vicky