cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG M 7.0 Adding Entity that will stay in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying to add a new Entity with couple Process Attributes that will help route Workflow/ send emails.

After adding & activating the Data model, I am trying to create a new UIBB to capture the fields. chose the Feeder Class- CL_MDG_BS_MAT_FEEDER_FORM . (Wondering if I should copy the feeder class and modify to show the structure I am trying to show on the

UIBB?).  Added Node and Entity type. (I see it under Transaction MDB )

But I get this error.

Error in MP: The metadata definition of node 'ZMDGM_PA' (ABBID: MDG_MAT) is insufficient - node data type missing

I have looked at the HTG for adding New Entities. But since I am not replicating the new Entity, I skipped some steps where it enhances the structure MDG_BS_MAT_S_MAT_DATA.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20a001a9-357b-2f10-4794-cdfaed392...

Would appreciate any tips on resolving this.

Best Regards,

Lekshmi Krishnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lekshmi,

If the fields are only for workflow routing, you should not enhance the data model. Please refer to this document on how to extend the CR header and use the new CR header fields for workflow routing:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abdullah. Shall try it and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the fields will be populated only down the road, at another level, the Requestor Requestor will not know about it up front.

So those fields, I guess have to be be added to the Data model.

Best Regards,

Lekshmi Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, if the fields are "master data" then they should go in the data model. If they are not, then they should be in the CR header. You should not store non-master data in master data tables.