Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing Expressions in a Datawindow

Former Member
0 Kudos

PB 11.5.2

Greeting All,

My understanding is that all datawindow expressions run, calculate, etc.. when each row is retrieved.

I have a user-defined function() in a tooltip expression that returns the time left from one datetime to another.

My desire is that each time a user hovers over the object within the datawindow, the Tooltip expression is re-run.

Is there a way to tell a datawindow row to re-run the expressions within that row, or even specifically against a particular expression (tooltip!)

Thanks!

Jason Lipman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

You can get surprised - it can get reevaluated way more often, even when it's repainting dw while scrolling.

If you need make sure it's repainted use groupcalc(), to refresh all of them (sometimes with deep dependencies on many expressions I even use 2 or 3 consecutive calls)

for just one row I'd use evaluate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh.. also note.. I tried dw.ReselectRow() already, but it is not a option because this is a datawindow that is populated via a procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I see that it will refresh on it's own only after hovering over a different tooltip of any sort.

But if I hover in and out of just one singular tooltip, the calculated value from the UDF value never changes.

Any ideas on that?

Jason