cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR with WAD web templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to collect WAD web templates in a TR.

Please suggest me the best way to collect them.

I was trying with transport connection option in RSA1. But it looks like not all the web items are getting collected.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anwar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

Have you done any changes to the web templates and is is done in your development system? If your answer is Yes then all the changes should get captured in your TR automatically when you save your web templates, If this isnt the case then reach out to the BASIS folks.

As you and Brendon have already mentioned the transports can be also captured in RSA1 with grouping objects and select the relevant dependent objects in the hierarchy

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek and Lipchen,

I am trying to do this task in production system. I have tried with transport connection option only.

I have tried this tr colection in development system. But in that also I can see few web items only.

I will now need to try with display as List instead of Hierarchy. I will let u know the result.

Regards,

Anwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Still I dont see all the web items of the WAD web template when I try to collect it.

Please help me.

Regards,

Anwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Interesting to see only the reusable webitems for this WAD template got collected.

Is this fine to go ahead with this web items only ???

Regards,

Anwar

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

Can you tell me why you want to capture the changes into transports in Production system?

If you want to capture the web Items in transports (Barchart, Conditions etc) then you will need to capture all of them together

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

Before collecting the objects into a transport, we should follow the sequence, if you will miss the sequence then you are unable to collect the objects into transport request.

Please let me know are you following the sequence while collecting the objects into transport request. if you will not follow the sequence,first collect the objects in a sequnece.

Step1--> Once you have that, transport your base level objects - Infoobjects, DSO & Cube structures.

Step2--> Then you can transport the Update rules, transfer rules, transformations for the above..

Step3--> And finally, the infopackages and DTPs.

By using RSA1--> choose -->Transport connnection option in modeling tab. And Drag the objects which you want to collect into transport.

Please let me know, stilly ou are facing any issues.

Thanks,

Premalatha.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you collecting 3.x or 7.x web templates?

Use RSA1-> Transport connection.  Make sure to set grouping to necessary objects and set display to List from Hierarchy.  All your web items should be displayed that are contained in the web template.