cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change E-mail Status Based on Tracking Text

0 Kudos

Is it possible to change the status of an e-mail based on the fact it has ERMS tracking text within the body of the message?

We have implemented e-mail threading where the back-and-forth e-mails will show up as part of a tree view in the CRM WebUI, but they want agents to know when it is there turn to respond to the customer.  One important factor in this is that the client would like the original agent to handle the customer issue from start to finish (so it would not be the 1st available agent that answers the customer's response).

The question is really about how does the agent know when it is there turn in this back-and-forth dialog?

Their process:

The agent reviews inbound communication (e-mail, phone, or chat) and accepts the communication, creates an Interaction Record (IREC), creates a service request as a follow-up to the IREC, then e-mails the customer a summary of the interaction.  This summary includes ERMS tracking text.  So when a customer responds to this message, the system can route it to the agent responsible, but how is the agent notified that it is their turn in the communication stream?

Ideal Solution(s):

1. As I've thought about this, is there a way to change the status of an e-mail (to Agent Response Needed) based on the customer's response assuming they leave the tracking text within the body of the message.  I have explored the many options within the rule policies but there does not appear to be anything like this.  We currently have the ability to change the priorities, I'm just wondering if there is a way to change the statuses (see image below).
  2. As a workaround for not being able to change the e-mail status, if we could change the status of the related Service Request to "Agent Response Needed", then I could create a quick search for Service Requests that were assigned to the individual that also needed a response.  Agents could then identify the e-mails directly from the Service Request using the tree view.
  3. Is there a way to have the customer's response bold in the Agent Inbox?  Much as new messages are displayed in Outlook, having the response message (with tracking text) appear in a bold or highlighted way would suffice.

Please let me know if you have experienced this requirement and how you resolved it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lars,

I see that you have managed to change e-mail priority to "Very High" if email contains tracking text.

Do you have the opportunity to explain how you managed this?

Regards,

Bendik

0 Kudos

Hi Bendik,

So when I created this post I was actually trying to define a simple way for an IC agent to understand when it was their turn to respond in the back/forth communication between them and the customer.  If this is what you are looking to do, then I would suggest

If you just need to know how to change a priority of an e-mail, there are two general ways to do this.  You can set specific priorities of an e-mail based on the e-mail account to which the message was received.  These settings are handled in the IMG under CRM> IC WebClient > Agent Inbox > Settings for Asnch. Inbound Processing > Define Receiving E-mail/Fax Settings (or use T-code = CRMC_IC_AUIGNADR).

The other (and more relevant) way to handle your task is to create a rule policy.  From the IC Manager Role select rule policy

Then create the rule as follows:

This basically tells the system that any message with your tracking text needs to change the priority to the level you define.  You can add addition criteria like if it comes into account "A" with tracking text then set priority = High, and if it comes into account "B" then set priority = Low.  You may need to add the content of the above policy to the existing rule that routes the message to a specific person or org unit.  Otherwise you will need to make sure that the policy you define is assigned to the appropriate Service Manager Profile (CRM > ERMS > Service Manager):

1.  Define Service Manger Profile

2.  Assign Service Manager Profile

Let me know if you need more specifics on the service manager part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lars,

Thank you for replying!

Yes, am also trying to define a simple way for an agent to understand when it is their turn to respond. I believe your solution is the way to go When is it our turn? How do IC Agents Know When They Should Respond?

However, i haven't had the opportunity to work with a developer yet. Therefore am looking for a temporary solution, like priority changes.

I see that you have action " Set E-mail Priority" in Context ERMS. Did you add it manually in CRMC_ERMS_REPOSITORY?

Regards,

Bendik

0 Kudos

Hi Bendik,

Unfortunately this was also a custom code that was developed by an ABAP'er in my office.  I just gave him the parameters and he created the code.  So I couldn't even tell you how this works.

I wish I had better news for you.

Best of luck.

Lars