cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Controlling Area currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

We have controlling currency 10 (Company Code currency) in PRD system. We got new company codes to add in same Controlling area. New company code currency is MXN and Controlling currency is 10. My question is if I change controlling currency to group currency (30).Does it effect any thing is system. I changed it in QAS and DEV systems I dont see any difference or any problem with this settings.Let me know about this change.

My company is using 10(Company Code currency) in PRD system because controlling area is belongs to US companies only. But with new company codes i have to assign same controlling area to company codes. where my company codes currency is MXN.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

I agreed with better approach with Separate Controlling area.

where as the Objective of Controlling area to report as Group of Company Code under single umbrella.

As you said your Controlling Area is belongs to US(let it report in that currency) irrespective of Co code Currency.(COZ in near future if you add 1 more Co Code you have to create another Controlling Area )

If a let you an example of my client.

Controlling Area Currency is USD.

30 Company Code has assigned to this Controlling Area with Multiple diff/diff currency.

Controlling reporting will generate @USD. as well as Company Code Currency.(INR/GBP etc....)

Company Code report (Statutory reporting @amount in LC).

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan

This project is about Globalization where we need to use one controlling area for all other new company codes.

I like to ask one more thing for if I define 3 different currencies for company codes. As per SAP Standard we allow 3 currencies per company code. I defined following currencies

1. Local currency (MXN)

2. Group currency (USD)

3. Hard Currency (USD)

This configuration does it makes any help for controlling area. My concern that we want to MXN work under USA controlling area. As I mention in my discussion that I tested in QAS system I am not seeing any error with US postings and I dont see any issue with MXN company codes.

Please guide

Thanks

Mona

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

It wont affect in controlling area. You can freely define any currency other than the above said currencies. The controlling documents will update the transactions in both currencies i.e. company code currency and controlling area currency.

Regards,

Mukthar

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

Yes you can maintain the 3 currencies to @company code level no issues.

As you said you tested in QAS it will not be a problem.

Is ML is activated in your system ?(then reporting of Hard Currency to COPA you have to customize the report Coz.iam not sure -i have not tested this scenario.

But in your case Group Currency & Hard Currency is the same no issues.

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan

I found one error due to change of currency that is in WIP Result Analysis. I found in QAS testing server.

I changed currency from 10 to 30. Now when I run t-code KKAX system is not updating Result Analysis for particular order.

I am getting following error.

Message no. KJ129 : RA data only updated in controlling area currency

can you please guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to OSS

Note 332425 - Message KJ129, message KJ130

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

Means you maintained 30- as additional currency to Co Code - as 2nd Or 3rd Currency?

"Did you checked the check box in OKKP- As Diff Co Code Currency"

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan

My OKKP settings are as follow

Active Components / Control indicators

Active components

Cost Centers: 1 Component Active

Order Management: 1 Component Active

Commit. Management: 1 Components Active

Profit Analysis: 4 Component active for both types of profit analysis 

Acty-Based Costing: Component not Active

Profit center Acctg

Projects

Sales Orders

Cost Objects

Other Indicators

All Currencies

Variances

CoCd Validation

where i am not seeing anything as diff. company code currencies

guide me as required.

Thank you

Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan

I got following information

Currency Setting

Currency type 30 (Group currency)

Currency USD     (American Dollar)          Diff. CCode Currency (Selected)

Curr/Val. Prof.                                            Active (Not Selected)

Thank you

former_member193905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mona

Please check post

SAP Note: 119428

Regards

Mohit

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

As Mr.Pravan said, better to use separate currency for controlling area.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar

Thank you for reply

I like to inform my project is concept is globalization where we need to use one controlling area for all other new company code.

thank you

pavan_kumar18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better to go with separate controlling area for this situation.

As you said there is no problems in quality server, we need to check all the areas before confirming.

As per my view ,reconciliation is more flexible if you go with separate controlling area.

You can maintain single operating concern.

Check the feasibility of activating the material ledger.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally