Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BusinessObjects Document Viewer iView in EP 7.4

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having an issue with the SAP BusinessObjects Document Viewer iView in EP 7.4.

It works fine for IE but when we try in FireFox or Chrome, it causes an error:

Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "http://<our bo system>:8080" from accessing a frame with origin "http://<our bo system>:8080". The frame being accessed set "document.domain" to "<our comp domain>", but the frame requesting access did not. Both must set "document.domain" to the same value to allow access.

It only appears to be this type of iView giving us a problem, if I use a URL iView pointing to OpenDocument or SAP BusinessObjects Document List iView, they work in IE, FF and Chrome.

Note: this same iView worked ok in EP 7.3, it wasn't until we upgraded to 7.4 that we had any browser issues with this iView.

Has anyone else run into this issue? or know what might be causing this?

Thanks,

-Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

We too faced same issue with EP 7.4 and IE11 ,Mozilla and chrome latest browsers.

SAP incident has been raised and there is no feasible solution.It is good idea not to use latest browsers with EP 7.4 .

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Sathish! I am glad to hear we are not the only ones

It is odd that you had an issue with IE11. SAP's PAM recommends IE11 for 7.4.

For us IE11 works and I have no trouble opening BO from other types of iViews and just using an OpenDocument URL from any of the browsers. For us, it seems to be only this one iView.

I will open a message with SAP like you did and see if they have made any progress.

Thanks!

-Kevin

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In IE11 most of things works .Except Document linking and Not able to select LOV of a prompt if the prompt LOV's created in BO universe.

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Sathish,

Just wanted to send you a reply. I was able to get the EP iView working on IE11, Chrome and FF. We had upgraded our BO server some time ago and I went and grabbed the Portal files and went through the installation process again. Once I had the new BO iView templates and re-started the Portal it worked for us

Thanks,

-Kevin

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin ,

Thank you very much for information . Can you please provide below information curious to know

Is reports refreshing in latest versions of Chrome and FF ?

Which IView you are using ? Did you changed anything in EP /BIP ?

Document Linking is working fine ?

Answers (0)