cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in update of packaging material data in mat. master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

Actually , when I was going to update the packaging material information in material master , that time noticed whole parameters - blank spaces  / attributes of the packaging material data area is not showing . Why it behaves as ? ...

regards

arghya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arghya,

For Packaging material only those two filed are relevant what is missing. Probably i am not able to get your query....Could you please elaborate more in detail what is ur expectation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish ,

the thing is that , I'm trying to do handling unit process in ides . So , for that , first I tried out ROH material type with putting VERP  item category grp. In one implementation document which I found in internet , where it mentioned - doing with VERP material type  0 where it showed all the feature of packaging material data ..

now the problem , while crating PO with VERP material type's material , it asks for a/c assignment key , but it's undesirable - i checked , material type's quantity / value update fields are properly filled .

after that , i tried with ROH mat type , with VERP itm cat grp . then it properly done .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What has this new information to do with your initial question?

The initial question was about material master maintenance. now you are talking about error messages when you create a PO.

Both actually belongs to MM and not to LE.

Does your test make any sense if you are trying it once with a VERP and then with a ROH material type? With this chaos in your testing you even loose the focus on the main goal and have to fight with errors that are not even directly related to your scenario.

So you are bouncing back and forth and even post in the wrong forum, without giving any valuable information in your fragmented questions to work on. This just documents that basics are not understood at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen -sir ,

extremely sorry to post this thread here .

Sir , as a newcomer to SAP , basics will be properly clear and understandable , when I do a couple of trial and error method for conducting of test run of any business process  - sometimes do mistake  and finally learn from those mistake how could I rectify them .

Here , I'm trying to do handling unit process - I didn't find out any document where it's mentioned with which material type this process can be initiated - that's why , I did with different mat. types as trial & error basis.

For that , primarily tried with ROH material - then with VERP . Actually , with ROH type mat. master , not shown all the features of what packaging material is in generally having .

then tried with VERP .In-spite of properly tick out in qty & value in OMS2 , the time of creation PO , it's asking for actt. asgn. category .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This just tells me that you do not even know the basics of a material type.

SAP does not check the material type name, VERP and ROH is nothing else than a couple characters from the alphabet (in German language they even make some sense). You can create your own material type HUXX for handling units and if it is correctly setup then it will work.

How long do you consider yourself as a newcomer? you have registered in 2010. You started with SD, then MM (were all your questions got rejected because you failed to search) and now Logistics Execution (by the way I am moderator here too). And everywhere you were told to use Google to search prior to posting. Spend more time to increase the skills on searching, this gets you more benefits on the long run.

And in the 5th year with SAP and SCN you should at least know how to report an issue. If you have an error message, then tell the exact message along with the message number. Saying the setup is properly and then complaining that the system is asking for something else does not help to solve the issue, as it it just reflects your assumption but does not tell any facts.

If everything would be properly setup, then you would not have an issue. Does that sound logical?

Start from wikis like that Logistics General Handling Unit Introduction - ERP SCM - SCN Wiki

or from help.sap.com, just search with this string in google: sap best practices handling unit management